RCCL drink package

Happy New Year. We are once a year cruisers. In my cruise planner, the drink package for this year’s cruise is $42.00 per day. Is that the normal price, or am I seeing a discounted price.? I had thought I remembered the price being closer to $57.00 last year, before seeing a discounted price. We know the rule about all adults buying the package, we always do. I also know I can cancel and the book if the price decreases. I just don’t want to buy it today if I’m only seeing the “full” price.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a difference between premium and speciality coffees? It’s says premium coffees are included in the ultimate drinks package but then you can also buy a card for 10 speciality coffees only

When talking about coffee Premium and Specialty are synonymous in RCI's world.

If you buy the Deluxe or Refeshment package, those include specialty coffees like lattes, americanos, cappuccinos. They do not include Starbucks from the kiosks on certain ships. However, they could possibly use Starbuck’s beans at other speciality coffee locations. There is no difference in specialty or premium.

I am recently off the Allure and they used Seattle Best.

Happy New Year. We are once a year cruisers. In my cruise planner, the drink package for this year’s cruise is $42.00 per day. Is that the normal price, or am I seeing a discounted price.? I had thought I remembered the price being closer to $57.00 last year, before seeing a discounted price. We know the rule about all adults buying the package, we always do. I also know I can cancel and the book if the price decreases. I just don’t want to buy it today if I’m only seeing the “full” price.

Thanks for any help.

It is a discounted price, but remember 18% gratuity will be added when you check out. Still less than the normal price so it is a good buy.

So they are different? If I purchase the ultimate package, only premium are included and speciality aren’t? What does each refer to?

No they are not different. Premium and Specialty are synonymous. They mean the same thing.

Is there a difference between premium and speciality coffees? It’s says premium coffees are included in the ultimate drinks package but then you can also buy a card for 10 speciality coffees only

(Following this one - I had the same question)

If you buy the Deluxe or Refeshment package, those include specialty coffees like lattes, americanos, cappuccinos. They do not include Starbucks from the kiosks on certain ships. However, they could possibly use Starbuck’s beans at other speciality coffee locations. There is no difference in specialty or premium.

I am recently off the Allure and they used Seattle Best.

So with the Refreshment package, it can not be used at Starbucks? We will be on the Adventure.

So with the Refreshment package, it can not be used at Starbucks? We will be on the Adventure.

There is no licensed Starbucks venue on Adventure. You can use the Refreshment package at any specialty coffee venue on the ship, including those that may (or may not) use Starbucks beans in their coffee products.

Just off Anthem with the refreshment package. I went down to the La Patisserie where the Starbucks counter was everyday (multiple times) and it is accepted there.