Soda Package - Is it required for all guests in the cabin?

fatpug

The soda package has the following on the NCL.COM website:

Applicable beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom for the entire length of the cruise.

We will have 3 guests in the room but only 2 will want the soda package. I am not able to drink soda and don't need the package. The website lets me select the package for just 2 people and skip the 3rd. Will this be an issue later? Does NCL really required it for all people in the room?

Thanks

I know that once you board the ship you can buy it on an individual basis. I do not know what will happen if you purchase 2 packages before the cruise when you have 3 in a cabin. This might be a time to wait.

Applicable beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom for the entire length of the cruise.

We will have 3 guests in the room but only 2 will want the soda package. I am not able to drink soda and don't need the package. The website lets me select the package for just 2 people and skip the 3rd. Will this be an issue later? Does NCL really required it for all people in the room?

Thanks

The passenger I generally travel with used to buy the soda package in the atrium on the first day of the cruise. I am not a soda drinker so only bought it once. On board, my observation is that it is always sold individually.

My experience is that when NCL is including some option as a benefit (like dining, soda, tips or liquor) then both occupants of the cabin must select the same option(s).

MD

Thanks

If you are purchasing it, yes, must be for all in room or linked. However, if it is a perk, not the same requirement.

The website lets me select the package for just 2 people and skip the 3rd. Will this be an issue later? Does NCL really required it for all people in the room?

Not a problem.

The rules for the soda program are different than for the UBP.

If 2 were buying the UBP, then the 3rd would also be required to buy the UBP (if over 21) or the soda program (if under 21).

If 2 received the UBP as a promo, nobody would be required to buy anything.

Unless things have changed recently, buying the soda program doesn't require anyone else to buy anything.

Good Question... There are 4 in my room and I only bought the soda package for 3. I called and added it and told the rep that I don't drink soda and that it would be a waste of money. She told me that it was OK that I didn't buy it for me..I also bought the 24 bottle water package(and yes I do drink the water in the glass that they provide in the restaurants) Hopefully what she said was correct and when I get on I won't have to add it.

• 7 months later...

So just for clarification: I booked a cruise and received the UBP as a perk (for the first two pax). I have two children in my cabin, as well. One child doesn't like soda. So to get to my point is I don't have to buy the second child the soda package, right? Or either child for that matter since I received UBP as a perk? I wish they would include everyone in the cabin on perks.

The one who will be drinking soda needs a package. I don't drink soda or Alcohol and I didn't get a drink package on our last trip in Feb but my kids and DH did. The staff did take the cards sometimes when the kids and DH got drinks(soda)

The one who will be drinking soda needs a package. I don't drink soda or Alcohol and I didn't get a drink package on our last trip in Feb but my kids and DH did. The staff did take the cards sometimes when the kids and DH got drinks(soda)

Thank you. We last cruised on the Sky right after they introduced Open Bar so there was no question about buying packages and because we were in a group, we qualified for upgraded dining. Decisions, decisions.