Cruise as a Christmas Gift

Tanker

I have booked a cruise next year for my adult children and would like to surprise them with it for Christmas this year, does anyone have any ideas on how to "wrap a cruise for Christmas?" The only idea I've come up with is to do a formal type of invitation (Mr and Mrs. _ _ _ request your presence on the Navigator of the Seas, etc, etc) and put that in a envelop under the tree but I'm hoping someone has a more creative idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tanker

How about a Christmas ornament (ship). I got one in Alaska which we hang on our tree every year. Those Christmas ornament shops carry them and then your family can hang it on their tree in the following years to always remind them of their special Christmas cruise.

I am giving dh a cruise for his Christmas present and I did up a scrapbook on the trip by each day and the different ports/ship activities/ planned excursions, etc. I've also kept a journal on the process (this has been over 7 months in planning) now its only 10 months until the trip. Can't believe I really have kept it a secret for so long.

I hope your children love it - it is a wonderful idea. Jan

I have also purchased a cruise for a Christmas gift for DH in honor of his retirement. There is something called a Biltz box that is a puzzle. I plan to put a copy of the seapass in the box. In order for him to know what is in the box he has to complete the puzzle for the box to open. Our cruise is over New Years. I think he will be completely caught off guard. :D

I surprised my husband with our first cruise. Our last child had graduated from college and I decided it was time we did something special. For his Christmas presents, I wrapped up fins, snorkle, mask, etc. He was sort of confused for a while but when he found out about the cruise, he was so pleased. He said it was the best Christmas he'd ever had.

You could give them a gift bag full of things they will need like sun screen, underwater disposal cameras, a water wallet, one of those things to hold their sea pass, batteries for cameras, water shoes, a photo album, etc. Or you could give them brochures of the ship as well as the islands you'll be visiting.

Have fun with your project and please keep us updated :D

###

We gave our children a cruise a couple of Christmases ago. We bought each of them a new piece of luggage and had their initials embroidered on it. I then copied the map of the itinerary for each of them and cut them each into "puzzle pieces." It was a race to see who could put their puzzle together the fastest.

Archived