Excursions

LovetheCubs

I know everyone has their own opinion about cruise sponsored excursions. For me it’s what we feel comfortable with so not really wanting to debate it. I don’t care if I can go cheaper if we go on our own. For us it’s ship excursions so that’s what my question is regarding! In saying that we are new to MSC and the amount of available excursions for our May cruise seems very limited right now. Will there be more options as we get closer?

I know everyone has their own opinion about cruise sponsored excursions. For me it’s what we feel comfortable with so not really wanting to debate it. I don’t care if I can go cheaper if we go on our own. For us it’s ship excursions so that’s what my question is regarding! In saying that we are new to MSC and the amount of available excursions for our May cruise seems very limited right now. Will there be more options as we get closer?

What ship and where are you going?

We booked around August for a cruise in March 2018. There were also limited choice in excursions for a while but that has changed in the weeks leading up to the cruise. We had about an average of 7 MSC excursions to select from for each port. Two excursions to Milan were added in one port and in another, Livorno, we started with 1 and later had several more to choose from.

If you want to see something specific I suggest booking now rather than onboard. I've read several posts that say booking excursions for MSC in advance is less expensive than onboard. I actually thought most of the MSC excursions were reasonable considering how long the excursion was and what was included.