Transportation from LeHavre to Paris

Markanddonna

I'm sure people can chime in, who have actually done it. But I would be a little nervous taking a trip that far away on my own, in case something was to happen. On our cruise, it seemed a lot of people skipped it because we happened to be there on Bastille Day. So Paris was going to be beyond crazy and packed. Now we did talk to people who went on their own because they were staying in Paris. France was our last stop, so people stayed there for a few days on their own.

Yes you do have other options although keep in mind that you are going to spend around 5 hours of your day just going back and forth. There is usually at least 1 train an hour, and the faster trains make it into Paris (Gare St-Lazare) in about 2:15. We have used this train a few times, although our last two trips were one-way (we disembarked our cruises a day early and stayed in France for a few weeks). You would probably want to take a taxi from the port to the train station since its a good 45 min walk (if you are a fast walker). If you decide to use the train and want to purchase tickets in advance, we suggest using the SNCF web site (where you will have to lie about your location to get an online ticket) which usually has the best prices. Also keep in mind that the SNCF (the French Railroad) has Senior Discounts (I think being 60 is old enough) if you ask (or use that fare online).

Hank