? for December 2017 cruisers

I have questions for those who took cruises on Royal during December 2017 other than cruises that included Christmas Day. Was there a snow flurry event? Tree lighting? Carol singing?

The promotional materials sound like these things are done throughout December but some posts suggest they happen only on cruises that include Christmas Day.

Also, do any of you know on the ships with promenade view cabins which ones would overlook the tree? I am not sure which ship yet. Adventure OTS and Oasis OTS are in the running. There may be others.

Thanks.

Vicki

I have questions for those who took cruises on Royal during December 2017 other than cruises that included Christmas Day. Was there a snow flurry event? Tree lighting? Carol singing?

The promotional materials sound like these things are done throughout December but some posts suggest they happen only on cruises that include Christmas Day.

Also, do any of you know on the ships with promenade view cabins which ones would overlook the tree? I am not sure which ship yet. Adventure OTS and Oasis OTS are in the running. There may be others.

Thanks.

Vicki

On Adventure of the Seas over Christmas just last week. There was a tree lighting and also Christmas caroling. Other "theme" events and some crew with elf type of "wear" - bingo, trivia, etc. not too much but just enough in my opinion. Tree was on promenade deck toward back - outside of Cafe Promenade ( nice for photos)

Never traveled over Christmas but we really enjoyed the Xmas cruise and recommend it highly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Allure December 10-17. There was a tree lighting ceremony mid cruise.
Interesting. We were on the Allure the week before (Dec 3-10), and they didn’t light the tree till mid-cruise that week too. I guess they wanted to make a ceremony out of it. Although the tree was fully decorated when we boarded, it did look kind of “dead” before the lights were turned on.

I was on Serenade from 4 to 15 December. The decorations were mostly already up and the lights were on on the various Christmas trees. A gingerbread house Christmas scene was set up outside the Schooner Bar a few days into the cruise.

We also had carol singing twice, once in the Schooner Bar and on the last night in the Centrum. Books were provided with the words to the carols.

I have cruised Oasis at the same time of year. The tree was set up to the right of Sorrento's as you stand outside looking at it, so if you want a view of it you would want to pick a cabin down at that end opposite Sorrento's.