casual dress code

mamiejune

From looking at the resturant guide on princess some dinning area's state smart casual and some just casual the dress code for smart casual and formal is on the site but not the casual dress code. What would you wear for just casual? Also are teenagers allowed to wear smart jeans in any resturants i know this is a tricky subject but my 13 year daughter only wears smart jeans these days what should i buy her to go with skirts and dresses?

thanks for that but i know about formal it's just casual dress code i don't know about it's not in that thread as i've read it!!! Will she be allowed to wear jeans anywhere? From what i can gather people get upset by jeans and i'm not in the habit of upsetting people.

The casual dress code is really pretty easy. Breakfast and lunch have almost no restrictions, other than the requirement that swimwear must be dry and covered up, and shoes must be worn. This even applies to the dining room. Shorts and jeans are okay.

At dinner, jeans and shorts are "not permitted in the dining room"* but would be okay in other venues. Whether or not this is enforced, is another matter altogether, and what you choose to do is your own decision.

*From Princess Cruise Answer Book, 40th anniversary edition. I report, you decide. :)

Princess has dropped casual dress. They have formal and smart casual. Their smart casual appears to coincide with other cruise lines definition of casual. On our last Princess cruise, Coral in September, the smart casual ran the whole gamut from jeans and tee shirts to suits and cocktail dresses.

In their boarding docs, Princess states no jeans or shorts in the dining room for dinner. On Coral they had a sign outside the dining room in the evening that stated "Shorts not allowed." We saw lots of jeans, but surprisingly, no shorts.

As the grandmother of 12 and 14 year old girls (OK, I had my kids at 10 :D ), I recently took them on vacation and I told them, "no jeans at dinner". Well, they came up with the cutest casual dresses and skirts....and they loved wearing them. Really, a couple of skirts for their age group costs less than the jeans that they covet!!

Archived