Early Luggage Drop Off Oceania Marina- Papeete Tahiti

allstar27

Any boarding tips for cruising Oceania out of Papeete Tahiti. We arrived on a early morning flight and would like to drop our luggage off at the ship around 8:00 then do a little sightseeing before we board at 2:00 or 3:00. Does anyone know if there is a early luggage drop off area? We cruise on the Marina March 7th. and have booked a direct shuttle from the airport to the cruise port. Our group did not book a early morning island sightseeing tour as we will be staying on Tahiti for 3 days after we get back from the cruise. We just need to store our luggage somewhere so we can poke around before we board. Thanks Jack

I typically see O start accepting new luggage at 9:00-10:00. Before that it’s all about getting all the luggage off the ship. My personal bet is 8:00 is to early to expect that service. I’ve left the port as late as 9:30 before and have seen new arrivals/waiting passengers setting there with all their luggage.

We arrived this way on an early flight couple of years ago and O had a truck at airport for everyone to leave their luggage on and it would be delivered to your stateroom. Great arrangement. You did not have to have the transfer arrangement from O.

We got a cab to downtown where the ship is docked and walked around, market is there as well but only accept their currency. If hot the breeze was nice by airport doors, where we sat to while some time away.

We arrived this way on an early flight couple of years ago and O had a truck at airport for everyone to leave their luggage on and it would be delivered to your stateroom. Great arrangement. You did not have to have the transfer arrangement from O.

We got a cab to downtown where the ship is docked and walked around, market is there as well but only accept their currency. If hot the breeze was nice by airport doors, where we sat to while some time away.

Thanks for the tip. I will look into this and it might be a better arrangement then what I have so far. Thanks

Our experience is if you purchase transfers from Oceania, you and your luggage are taken to the ship from the airport. This is also true from ship to airport when desembarking. Papeete is a bit different when getting off as the planes don't leave until late at night so they take you to a hotel. Some folks get day rooms there. Or folks may have prearranged a day room at another hotel.

We did this cruise in 2015. There is nowhere for your bags. It is not a cruise terminal like Miami. From what I experienced you can drop your bags starting around 11-12 when boarding is being organized. Be prepared to be outside, hot and wait a while. Or just chill in a bar somewhere until everyone else is finished rushing on to the ship.

Unfortunately that is expensive on Papeete, and also incurs a fee from Oceania. There are not many regular flights there either. Hence why Oceania charters flights.

Well............yes and no. There are regularly scheduled flights from LAX to PPT. Probably daily, but I didn't look them up. There are ways to do it. You're already going on the trip of a lifetime, do it right.

I didn't notice this last time. Makes sense since the flights were Oceania charters. Thanks for the heads up!

We did this cruise in 2015. There is nowhere for your bags. It is not a cruise terminal like Miami. From what I experienced you can drop your bags starting around 11-12 when boarding is being organized. Be prepared to be outside, hot and wait a while. Or just chill in a bar somewhere until everyone else is finished rushing on to the ship.

Update: see cswhistler's post about Oceania having a drop at the airport when arriving on the Oceania charter flights.

Cswhistler’s experience was from “a couple of years ago”.

Hopefully, we will have a poster that is currently or soon to be on a 2018 cruise that can give us a true update.

FYI, United is now offering 3 day/week 787 service from SFO to PPT. Days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Probably a better option than what’s been available in the past. I’d plan our flights and stay around that schedule.

Cswhistler’s experience was from “a couple of years ago”.

Hopefully, we will have a poster that is currently or soon to be on a 2018 cruise that can give us a true update.

FYI, United is now offering 3 day/week 787 service from SFO to PPT. Days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Probably a better option than what’s been available in the past. I’d plan our flights and stay around that schedule.

I will be on the lookout for any new updates. I checked the SFO to PPT and could not find anything listed as of yet but I will keep looking. We already booked for the upcoming trip but it would be nice to have more options on our next outing. Thanks Jack

This arrived for us last week.Our cruise in one week.

Upon arrival to Papeete,guests who purchased Oceania Cruises transfers from the airport to the ship will be greeted at the airport.

Checked luggage for guests with air reservations and transfers purchased through Oceania Cruises will be transferred from airport directly to the ship.

Guests with air and transfer arrangements purchased through Oceania Cruises who are arriving on an early flight (prior to 9am), will be transferred

to the ship for early embarkation,Guests must remain in the public areas until an announcement is made that their stateroom is ready.

Edited by janecambridge

This arrived for us last week.Our cruise in one week.

Upon arrival to Papeete,guests who purchased Oceania Cruises transfers from the airport to the ship will be greeted at the airport.

Checked luggage for guests with air reservations and transfers purchased through Oceania Cruises will be transferred from airport directly to the ship.

Guests with air and transfer arrangements purchased through Oceania Cruises who are arriving on an early flight (prior to 9am), will be transferred

to the ship for early embarkation,Guests must remain in the public areas until an announcement is made that their stateroom is ready.

Was there a section with instructions for those with a flight through Oceania but no transfers? Ours from a couple of years ago did, but it may have changed so I don't want to post it. The procedure changed since then for those with transfers.

Yes ORV....

Upon arriving in Papeete,guests without transfers can proceed to the cruise pier and drop off their checked luggage.Please note the cruise pier does not have any facilities or seating where you can wait until embarkation commences.We encourage you to contact your travel agent or Oceania Cruises to purchase airport to ship transfers in order to board the vessel according to the aforementioned embarkation times.Guests must retain their hand luggage as storage facilities are not available at the cruise pier.

Yes ORV....

Upon arriving in Papeete,guests without transfers can proceed to the cruise pier and drop off their checked luggage.Please note the cruise pier does not have any facilities or seating where you can wait until embarkation commences.We encourage you to contact your travel agent or Oceania Cruises to purchase airport to ship transfers in order to board the vessel according to the aforementioned embarkation times.Guests must retain their hand luggage as storage facilities are not available at the cruise pier.

I suspect they have no way of knowing at the airport if you purchased a transfer or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In our experience, after collecting your luggage you meet with the Oceania rep in the airport and they check you off a list. You are then directed to the coach taking you to the pier. Sometimes your baggage goes with you in the bottom of coach. Sometimes they take it in a separate truck. Depends on the country and circumstances, but if you have a transfer, O moves your luggage to the pier. You are responsible for hand luggage.

I just received this from my TA....now, whether or not to buy the transfer for $129/pp since we are arriving on 2/3 at 6:05am??

Important Information Concerning

Embarkation/Debarkation Procedures in Papeete

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

In preparation for your upcoming South Pacific cruise aboard Marina, we would like to inform you of some important pre-cruise information relating to the embarkation and disembarkation process in Papeete.

EMBARKATION

Embarkation times for your cruise is based on our standard schedule:

11 am Guests in Owner’s, Vista and Penthouse Suites

12 noon Guests in Concierge Staterooms (Category A)

1 pm Guests in all other Staterooms (Categories B through G)

Upon boarding, guests will be guided to the Main Lounge to check-in for the cruise. Lunch will be served aboard at the Terrace Café.

ARRIVING GUESTS WITH TRANSFERS

Upon arrival to Papeete, guests who purchased Oceania Cruises transfers from the airport to the ship will be greeted at the airport.

Checked luggage for guests with air reservations and transfers purchased through Oceania Cruises will be transferred from the airport directly to the ship.

Guests with air and transfer arrangements purchased through Oceania Cruises, who are arriving on an early morning flight (prior to 9:00 am), will be transferred to the ship for early embarkation. Guests must remain in the public areas until an announcement is made that their suite or stateroom is ready.

ARRIVING GUESTS WITHOUT TRANSFERS

Upon arriving in Papeete, guests without transfers can proceed to the cruise pier and drop off their checked luggage. Please note the cruise pier does not have any facilities or seating where you can wait until embarkation commences. We encourage you to contact your travel agent or Oceania Cruises to purchase airport to ship transfers in order to board the vessel according to the aforementioned embarkation times. Guests must retain their hand luggage, as storage facilities are not available at the cruise pier.

Cruise only guests may also drop off their checked luggage at the cruise pier. All checked luggage will be loaded onto the ship and delivered to your stateroom or suite by the early evening.

DISEMBARKATION

Disembarkation in Papeete will be according to our regular schedule, which depends on your air departure times. All guests must disembark by 9 am. In order to prepare the staterooms and suites for the next cruise, you will be kindly asked to vacate your accommodations by 8 am. Breakfast will be served aboard.

Flight departures from Papeete vary and are usually in the evening or late night. It is strongly recommended for you to consider reserving a day room from one of the local hotels for your convenience.

Additional details on the disembarkation process and arrangements will be provided at a later date while you are aboard the vessel.

PRE-CRUISE HOTEL PACKAGES

Early arriving guests with pre-cruise hotel packages are recommended to purchase a day room (depending on availability), as complimentary early check-in may not be made available by the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Marina and providing you with a memorable cruise experience.

Warm Regards,

Oceania Cruises