How do price drops with Princess work?

belmontcrew

I did an advanced search and could not find what I was looking for.

I am before final payment. My booking came with free gratuities and OBC. Now the price is lower with same OBC and a free meal at a specialty restaurant. We have an interior room. I wanted to move to an obstructed ovean view as it is less than what we paid and keep my free grats/OBC. Was told I can’t do that without rebooking and would lose my gratuities.

I then asked if I could get the new price on the interior we have booked and keep my free grats/OBC and not get the free meal. The CS agent with Princess said the same thing...I can’t get the new price without loosing my free gratuities and would need to do a new booking for the lower price in the interior as well. Does this sound correct?

Yes, it does. You are not wanting to just refare (which would be possible if you were within the same sale timeframe and wanted to keep the same cabin.)

To get what you want you would have to rebook to the higher cabin. In doing so you would only have the perks with the sale that is on now (OBC and one speciality dining).

You have to determine what is most important to you. Figure out the dollar amount of the free gratuities and subtract $29 two times from that amount. That is the amount you would lose in Dollars. Also is the OBC the same? Figure that out too.

So once you have that figure, determine how much you would save by rebooking the interior cabin you have. If that savings is more than the first figure you came up with, then you rebook!

Pooh

My experiences have been that what you were told for both scenarios are true.

The only times we’ve been able to make changes & to keep the sale benefits was when Princess offered an upsell to pay for a better cabin or when receiving a complimentary upgrade. When available our upsell offers have come about 6 weeks before sailing.