Odd Pricing

For an Oriana cruise the select price was less than the saver price for a time.

£1328 for select and £1385 for saver at the same grade

Is there any advantage to booking a saver here? I booked a saver last year but only because it was cheaper and, I was happy to enter the cabin and dining lottery. Am I missing some hidden perk to a higher saver fare?

Thank you, Stephen.

de4f2dfbbb2be262ca59716036330896.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have seen this a number of times where the saver fare is higher than the select. When you take into account the on board credit/parking or coach benefit then the differential is even more. Then there are free shuttle buses and the ability to choose your cabin and dining option.

Brian

Have seen this a number of times where the saver fare is higher than the select. When you take into account the on board credit/parking or coach benefit then the differential is even more. Then there are free shuttle buses and the ability to choose your cabin and dining option.

Brian

I have not seen it before. I suppose the computer pricing algorithm throws up these anomalies.

Thank you, Stephen.

I have seen this several times. I agree with JF, it appears to be an algorithm anomaly. Select fare is better every time. You can choose dining option and cabin instead of having it allocated by P&O. OBC, parking and free shuttle buses in ports. Also more flexibility in changing your choices.

I have seen this several times. I agree with JF, it appears to be an algorithm anomaly. Select fare is better every time. You can choose dining option and cabin instead of having it allocated by P&O. OBC, parking and free shuttle buses in ports. Also more flexibility in changing your choices.

Thank you. That is what I thought.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've seen this a few times. When I checked a case of this last year it was down to different grades of cabin being offered - the low select fare was for an obstructed view whereas the saver fare was for the top grade outside cabin and the lower grade outside cabins not being available on the saver fare. It is only when you get through to getting a quote the differences become apparent. Don't know if that was the same in the case that has been illustrated by Stephen

I've seen this a few times. When I checked a case of this last year it was down to different grades of cabin being offered - the low select fare was for an obstructed view whereas the saver fare was for the top grade outside cabin and the lower grade outside cabins not being available on the saver fare. It is only when you get through to getting a quote the differences become apparent. Don't know if that was the same in the case that has been illustrated by Stephen

Thank you. Not something that had occurred to me. That could explain the price.

Best wishes, Stephen.