Cruise Habits

kruisey

Popular cruises are booked up at least a year in advance.

There are also people still in their working careers that have to pick their vacations in advance and would love to go on the special cruises...but they either have to go on a waiting list take a chance or book another cruise.

Then the big crunch just before final payment those that have reasons to cancel....they only seem to know JUST BEFORE FINAL PAYMENT that they cannot go on that cruise !!!!!!!

It's not just individuals booking the cabins. Sometimes travel agencies will book a block of cabins that get returned to the cruise line when they haven't sold by final payment deadline. A few years back, we could not find a quad cabin for a Bermuda cruise. Fortunately, I made a mention of it in a discussion group like this. Someone we'd met on an earlier cruise knew of a travel agency in another state that had some quads for the date we needed. That was one of the many times the internet has proved useful in our travel plans.

I brought it up because have noticed on the rollcall for my cruise several persons have cancelled close to final payment.

A lot of stuff can happen between booking and final payment. I've done that too. Booked well in advance but had things change and had to cance for one reason or another.

I hope those people on your roll call cancelled for "good" reasons (like to go on a different cruise) rather than "bad" ones.....like a death in the family or something else unexpected. That's always no fun.

I brought it up because have noticed on the rollcall for my cruise several persons have cancelled close to final payment.

I was just trying to understand if there was a question in there to respond to. It appeared to be a statement to a missing question.

I can understand people having to cancel at the last minute. Having elderly parents, plus having a demanding job before retiring, I also worried about being able to make it.....:)

I was just trying to understand if there was a question in there to respond to. It appeared to be a statement to a missing question.

I can understand people having to cancel at the last minute. Having elderly parents, plus having a demanding job before retiring, I also worried about being able to make it.....:)

Sometimes you just kinda gotta go with it

Kruisey, us young 'uns who cruise can't look at those longer and exotic cruises very often because we can't get the time off to begin with. The best I can do personally is two weeks - any more than that and they might figure they can get along without me permanently! I try to plan things so that I'm away long enough to be missed, but not so long that someone else figures out what it is I actually do. :)

When we cancel, we do it as soon as we know that our plans our shot, but try not to be premature in our decision making. I cancelled out of a cruise a while back because it looked like my plans had changed, only to have things change back a couple weeks later. I lost out on a really great deal. I'll cancel as soon as I'm reasonably sure we won't be going.

Kruisey, us young 'uns who cruise can't look at those longer and exotic cruises very often because we can't get the time off to begin with. The best I can do personally is two weeks - any more than that and they might figure they can get along without me permanently! I try to plan things so that I'm away long enough to be missed, but not so long that someone else figures out what it is I actually do. :)

One time we had a person (aerospace) that took care of minor sub-contractors and was always busy on the phone. He took a two week vacation and his phone did not ring one time. You guessed it, he was transferred out of there!

At explaining myself am I?

As mentioned by Spongerob...cancel as soon as one knows ones plans....so that another party who can get that time slot in their vacation plans has the chance to go ......Don't leave it to the last minute.......when only we retired people can slot into your space.Give the youngers a chance.

There have I explained myself properly this time?

Or have I made a MUDDLEMENT of it yet again?:D

Archived