Adding guest after Final Payment

zzupschuck

I have a friend who booked single occupancy, Early Saver Rate, and final payment has been made. Now he has a friend that may want to go. What is the policy for adding a passenger this late...what can they do? The cabin has 2 beds, so changing cabins is not necessary, they would just be adding a passenger. Thanks!

I have a friend who booked single occupancy, Early Saver Rate, and final payment has been made. Now he has a friend that may want to go. What is the policy for adding a passenger this late...what can they do? The cabin has 2 beds, so changing cabins is not necessary, they would just be adding a passenger. Thanks!

I have done this a few times, never a problem, just call Carnival and have all your friends information available, you will need to pay for the extra port fees and taxes.

Ask Carnival. The life boat station that the cabin is located in may be at capacity and another passenger may not be allowed to be added.

I think that this will never happen, the life boat capacity is based on all the possible cabins filled to there maximum capability, and a very large percentage of them will not have the maximum in the cabin, case in point, I am going a cruise by myself and the cabin is for a maximum of 3. Many cabins are for 4 but only 2 are in it.

I think that this will never happen, the life boat capacity is based on all the possible cabins filled to there maximum capability, and a very large percentage of them will not have the maximum in the cabin, case in point, I am going a cruise by myself and the cabin is for a maximum of 3. Many cabins are for 4 but only 2 are in it.

That’s not true. There are cases especially during high demand times such as when kids are out of school and the lifeboat capacity for that section has been reached. At that point no more people can be added. I travel solo frequently and asked my PVP that same thing. He said it’s always a possibility the ship may be at capacity, but it’s less likely on a non prime time sailing.