Any Benefit to Pre-Booking Spa Service

ROXIETHEHORSE

We will be on the Crown starting 2/2/18.

Is there any cost benefit to booking a spa service ahead of time in my personalizer? Will it be the same price if we wait and just book when we board?

TIA!!

We don’t use the spa, but I remember on all of my past cruises there were discount coupons and sales quite often during the cruise.

We will be on the Crown starting 2/2/18.

Is there any cost benefit to booking a spa service ahead of time in my personalizer? Will it be the same price if we wait and just book when we board?

TIA!!

You are paying more wait till you board and see the specials on port days.

Unless its a special day we would find the cost over the top.

Our observation is most of the staff stand around all day waiting, waiting, waiting,

so you should have no trouble booking onboard when they have a so called special.

Everything posted above is correct. There are specials on board. I often prebook spa appointments to get the time slots we want, and on Princess you don't have to pay in advance. I don't want to be limited to early or late appointments. The staff seen standing around may not be the staff who offer the treatment I want to book. The online prices are adjusted for the times we are in port. You can tell the price difference by selecting the same treatment on port days and sea days. As for the onboard specials, I can always cancel my pre-booked appointment and schedule the special if there is an opening for a time that works with our plans once we are on board.

As others have noticed sometimes you can find discounts if you wait. I prebook because I want to get the service i want at the exact time I want it. (I like a massage in late morning on first sea day....ahhhh).

I have found in the past that waiting to book means it's really hard to get any service on a sea day especially. So, depending on how important the spa is to you as an experience (and to me my day 1 massage is critical), it might be worth it.

:D