Shadowmeboy's Star studded Christmas Mexican Riviera review!

shadowmeboy

IMG_9327-L.jpg

Mount Rainier came into view

IMG_9328-L.jpg

IMG_9329-L.jpg

We quickly climb above the clouds.

We were expecting only a snack (nuts etc) and were surprised we were served Ravioli with a side salad. Score!

IMG_20171221_171546117-L.jpg

Attempting to get California cities with DSLR with no flash in low light = not good

IMG_9330-L.jpg

IMG_9331-L.jpg

IMG_1454-L.jpg

IMG_1455-L.jpg

IMG_1456-L.jpg

touchdown in LA!

IMG_9338-L.jpg

arriving at the gate!

IMG_9339-L.jpg

IMG_9340-L.jpg

Susan took a minute to talk with our co-pilot, who is one of the few pilots and/or co-pilots that are female for Alaska Airlines. Susan wanted to take back a message to her students to apply themselves and they could become a pilot if they want to. She enjoyed the brief talk.

IMG_1458-L.jpg

Welcome to LAX and the City of Los Angeles!

We collect out bags and go out to catch an Uber to San Pedro.

IMG_9342-L.jpg

After a short 30 minutes or less drive to San Pedro from LAX (light traffic), we arrived at the Best Western Plus San Pedro Inn and Suites.

IMG_9343-L.jpg

IMG_9344-L.jpg

IMG_9345-L.jpg

IMG_9346-L.jpg

IMG_9347-L.jpg

We checked into out King room and headed up to the 4th floor.

IMG_9348-L.jpg

IMG_9349-L.jpg

IMG_9350-L.jpg

We got bags settled, and then caught a Lyft to get a Southern California staple!

In-and-Out!! With none in Washington, this was a treat for us.

IMG_1459-L.jpg

Susan got a double-double with regular fries. I got a triple-triple with cheesy fries! She got a Neapolitan Shake and I got a Dr. Pepper. It was so good!

After catching a lyft back, I took a few pictures of the Port of LA all lit up.

IMG_9351-L.jpg

Love the review so far. I don't see many review about the Mexican Riviera on here. I'm thinking about doing the Bliss in 2019 to the Mexican Riviera, so I'm curious to read more about your experiences in port.

I had a hard time researching for this cruise due to that fact. I am a visual person, so it was hard for me.

Please follow along and enjoy!

Glad to be reading another one of your cruise reports. I Love the puzzle you created for Susan to reveal the cruise to her! What a creative way to surprise her :)

Looking forward to the rest of your report and photos!

Love your reviews! You and Susan are the cutest. Your joy permeates you thread!!! Love coming along. Thank you for doing this. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love your reviews! You and Susan are the cutest. Your joy permeates you thread!!! Love coming along. Thank you for doing this. Much appreciated.

100% agree, love your reviews, looking forward to the rest!

Love your reviews and I’m very excited to read one for this itinerary and ship. We were deciding between the Epic/Caribbean or this one for spring break and ended up choosing the Epic for a couple of reasons, but I still want to do this one. Can’t wait to read more!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mike and I were supposed to be on this cruise, but we got an invitation to a Haven experience, and because the Star doesn't have a Haven, we jumped ship to the Escape. Luckily, Shadowmeboy took over the helm of the cruise critic meet and greet already for me. Yay!

So I'm double interested in this review!

Following along!

Joyce

Glad to be reading another one of your cruise reports. I Love the puzzle you created for Susan to reveal the cruise to her! What a creative way to surprise her :)

Looking forward to the rest of your report and photos!

Thank you!

Susan got these things:

#1 directions

IMG_1638-L.png

#2 Clues

IMG_1637-L.png

#3 a crossword blank

Susan%27s%20Bday%20Crossword-L.jpg

the crossword blank she received had squares colored blue.These helped her solve #4

#4 Solution page

IMG_1636-L.png

The solution page when filled out said "Join me on the NCL Star December 22nd 2017 in LA"

For our Sun cruise in 2016, each Christmas present had a bag with letters which spelled the words on the sign.

IMG_0390-L.jpg

I have to be creative for the next one!

Glad you are enjoying! Many more awesome photos to come!

Love your reviews and I’m very excited to read one for this itinerary and ship. We were deciding between the Epic/Caribbean or this one for spring break and ended up choosing the Epic for a couple of reasons, but I still want to do this one. Can’t wait to read more!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I loved this itinerary. i would want to do this itinerary again, but on the Bliss.