My Time Dining Reservations

karen_g

Hi. My cruise is about 6 months away, and MTD is available to “book” on the Cruise Planner. HOWEVER, I cannot reserve a single 6:30 or 7 pm reservation for the entire week! 6 pm and 7:30 are both available for all 7 days, but not a single day has 6:30 or 7:00 (I checked day by day).

Why is this?

Will those spots open up closer to the cruise date?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see this a lot when booking and it makes sense not to take reservations between those times. People coming in between 5:30 and 6:00 are going to take 1 to 1 1/2 hours (or more for larger tables). Effectively a 6:30 reservation ties up the table from 5:30-8 since they can't squeeze in someone else at your table before you arrive. If you make a 6:00 reservation and don't show up until 6:30 they will likely have given the table to someone else - they hold them for about 15 minutes.

They do accommodate walk-ins between 6 and 7:30, but this is also the time the restaurant is most likely to be completely full. If you show up then you might get a pager (same as shore restaurants).

I see this a lot when booking and it makes sense not to take reservations between those times. People coming in between 5:30 and 6:00 are going to take 1 to 1 1/2 hours (or more for larger tables). Effectively a 6:30 reservation ties up the table from 5:30-8 since they can't squeeze in someone else at your table before you arrive. ).

That makes total sense! Very good point. Still, I will take Bob’s advice and check with them upon Embarkation. Couldn’t hurt to try!

Sent from my iPad using Forums