Snorkeling

robindina

We have been to money bar before and loved it, but my hubby was wanting to see more corals this time. Where does everyone recommend? We don’t want to book through the ship, because we much prefer to be on our own away from large crowds! Thanks

You'll need to take a boat tour out to the reefs - you can arrange for a 90 or so minute snorkel tour at most of the popular beach clubs (Nachi, Sanchos, Paradise). We booked a tour through Eagle Ray a couple of years ago and were happy. Good luck with your planning! ;)

I love Cozumel, and I scuba dive there on vacations all the time..... here is the issue: There are zero reefs in Cozumel with coral up close to shore. Zero. There is coral rubble and some fish at areas, but that is it. In order to see coral, you have to take a boat snorkel trip. I answered another thread about this today with details about reefs. There are some areas with little tiny coral heads, like at Money Bar, but that is nothing compared to actual reefs.

IMHO - snorkel at Roatan or Belize or Grand Cayman. They all have coral reefs close to shore, Roatan in particular is fantastic reef structure, coral, etc accessible from shore.