Prohibition Party on Allure of the Seas

kt2e

We did it on Oasis about three years ago and fully enjoyed it. However, some recent reviews for Allure have said different, so we didn't do it in 2015 on Allure nor in October on Oasis.

Personally, it's not that much $$$$ so I would give it a try. Lots of people dressed in costumes and it's only a couple of hours out of your life.

We did it 3 years ago on Allure and last year on Oasis. Allure was such a blast we tried it again on Oasis and it was a total dud. Lot of people dressed in roaring twenty's costumes, lots of dancing on Allure, not so much on Oasis. Guess it just depends on who attends and who the entertainment director is. Only good thing on Oasis was the drinks were replaced before you could finish the one in hand, easily had 8 - 10 drinks given to me over 2 hours . happy cruising

• 1 month later...
Looking for a review on this event.

Was it fun? Worth the money? How about the costumes?

On the fence about it. Sounds like it is a short evening.

Thanks in advance!

Kate

We tried this event on the Allure and had a good time.We received a package in our cabin with a secret password and a pin that was in a small matchbox. There was a note that gave us the location and time where we were to meet and where we should wear the pin. They informed us that the cops might be hanging outside so we should be careful. Everyone got into the whole speakeasy. It was a good time. Everyone dressed up that night.

We tried it again when we sailed a year later. It was not organized. We did not receive a pin to wear at the speakeasy. We just received a note in our cabin telling us where to meet. Someone checked our names off a list. We stood in line until the opened the doors. We walked in and sat down. Not a lot of people dressed up. It was not as much fun as the first time.

We tried it and had so much fun looking forward to it/planning it. We received the pins/secret invitation, etc, and the whole idea was fun. It was a dud and disorganized on our sailing. I don't remember the cost, maybe 45. each? Included pretzels, crackers, and rum or whiskey punch. We had enough fun getting dressed up/planning, but I cannot recommend based on our experience. I really would like to do it again with a group and maybe we will follow the idea and throw a party at home next December.

We did iot a few years back, dressed up in costume, even carried a violin case.

It was great fun, lined up outside a random door, everyone not inviolved wondering what we were up to.

In the Jazz club, great music dancing and open cocktail bar serving drinks out of china tea wear.

Seems like it has had it's day. It was great fun 3 years ago, $35 maybe.

Seems like the later events are not as well organized.