Help... Ms Eurodam Obstructed Cabins

MsSoCalCruiser

Hello everyone. I have been on over 20 cruises but never with HAL. I found an itinerary that I am interested in and there were only a few obstructed Oceanview cabins left. I was told that these are fully obstructed by the person on the phone.

When I cruise with Princess there is a site that a CC member created that I can visit to see photos of the obstructions. Is there anything like this available for Ms. Eurodam? Is there anything you can tell me due to your experience with the level of obstructions on deck 4, midship? How bad is it?

Thank you so much in advance!

Chances are very good you will have a lifeboat or tender directly in front of your window. However, obstructed view cabins have floor to ceiling windows (like patio doors, except they don't open), allowing as much light into the room as possible. You might be lucky and have a lifeboat placed in such a manner that you can see around the front or back of it, or even through the windows. We've had obstructed views in the past and really like them - lots of light, and as long as we can see what the weather's like, we're happy!

In response to your request for a website, if you look for Hal and facts dot com, it will take you where you can view many different cabin types on all the ships.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Chances are very good you will have a lifeboat or tender directly in front of your window. However, obstructed view cabins have floor to ceiling windows (like patio doors, except they don't open), allowing as much light into the room as possible. You might be lucky and have a lifeboat placed in such a manner that you can see around the front or back of it, or even through the windows. We've had obstructed views in the past and really like them - lots of light, and as long as we can see what the weather's like, we're happy!

In response to your request for a website, if you look for Hal and facts dot com, it will take you where you can view many different cabin types on all the ships.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you for your reply and great information. The windows are a lot larger than I expected and that is great news. I can't find a photo of the cabin anywhere but I will keep looking. Thanks again!

Thank you for your reply and great information. The windows are a lot larger than I expected and that is great news. I can't find a photo of the cabin anywhere but I will keep looking. Thanks again!

Do you have a specific cabin number?

I had an obstructed cabin on the Noordam (same set-up in the cabins as the E-dam). Do be aware that there is a catwalk outside the windows that workmen use when working on the lifeboats/tenders.

You either need to dress expecting that someone could be outside, or close the draperies. ;)