Galveston Park and Ride Hotels?

Does anyone know of a hotel offering park and ride service? If not looking for any suggestion for a good hotel and suggestion on where to park by the port terminal. Are there any car rental company's where you can pick up Houston Hobby Airport and drop in Galveston? I have tried a few but been unable to find any that allow drop in Galveston. Are there any other suggestion how how to get back and forth from Houston Hobby and the port???

Does anyone know of a hotel offering park and ride service? If not looking for any suggestion for a good hotel and suggestion on where to park by the port terminal. Are there any car rental company's where you can pick up Houston Hobby Airport and drop in Galveston? I have tried a few but been unable to find any that allow drop in Galveston. Are there any other suggestion how how to get back and forth from Houston Hobby and the port???

To my knowledge, there are still no rental car companies on the island that are open on Sunday and take one-way rentals. It's so bad that some rent a car and park it for a week at the port.

We stayed at a Comfort Suites at 3606 89th St last October. They offered park and ride. The year before we parked near the cruise port at a place called EZ Park. We also used Galveston Express for transport to/from Hobby. They dropped us off at that Comfort Suites since we flew in the day before. I’d use either again.

To my knowledge, there are still no rental car companies on the island that are open on Sunday and take one-way rentals. It's so bad that some rent a car and park it for a week at the port.

Enterprise is open on Sunday for limited hours and re-opened on the Island after Hurricane Ike.

Hertz did not return, but allows pick up and drop off, pre-arranged only, in Texas City.

Drop off fees in Galveston are high due as I have found in other cities where there is not a demand during the week for vehicles.

Enterprise is open on Sunday for limited hours and re-opened on the Island after Hurricane Ike. ...

Perhaps it has changed, but the last time I checked, the Enterprise office on Galveston did not take one-way rentals.

Perhaps it has changed, but the last time I checked, the Enterprise office on Galveston did not take one-way rentals.

They do, but as I said, the drop off fee is expensive - $150.

Many cities have drop off fees. A result of supply and demand. Galveston does not have the demand during the week and, each office is an independent franchise. It costs to relocate vehicles.

We really like Gaidos Seaside Inn.

You can park free, they shuttle you to the ship, but you have to get your own transportation back to the hotel

to pick up your car. We have used them a couple time in the past and using them Jan 13th for our Liberty sailing on the 14th. We are doing a B2B and they allow free parking for the entire time.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, jeanneful said:

We really like Gaidos Seaside Inn.

You can park free, they shuttle you to the ship, but you have to get your own transportation back to the hotel

to pick up your car. We have used them a couple time in the past and using them Jan 13th for our Liberty sailing on the 14th. We are doing a B2B and they allow free parking for the entire time.

I'm going solo in Febuary. Is the parking where you leave the car fenced etc? I love Gaidos, can't beat their location and I love sitting out on the porch and watching the Seawall/Ocean. But I've never parked there. Sure is a time/money saver! You've left your car a couple times with no issues? Not that a fence really matters, we had a member of our group have a brick thrown through the windshield once at EZ cruise parking. Just a random weird thing but it sure wasn't fun to come home to!