First time in a suite. Concierge and other questions

Hi all! We splurged and booked a Crown Loft overlooking the ship (not ocean, don’t know if that matters) on Oasis. So that means we get a concierge. I’m just trying to plan things out for our Mar 4 sailing, and have a few questions.

Should we still book ahead specialty dining, or is there a certain amount of seatings that only concierge can book once on board? Same with excursions?

Do we get to take our bags directly to the room upon boarding or do we wait for them to be delivered?

I’ve heard conflicting reports of wine and beer available from 11am to 11 pm in the Suite Lounge. Can anyone confirm? Rep on phone said no.

Ive read there is better coffee in the CK, but is it specialty lattes, or would I still have to go to Park Cafe for those (and need a coffee drink package?)

Finally, children are allowed to dine in CK, correct? I know it sounds like a silly question, just making sure. Our daughters are 6 and 8.

That’s all I can think of for now. I am pretty excited for this trip and to experience the suite life lol. :D Thank you for all your help! :)

Enjoy your crown loft! Not a fan of the ones that overlook the sports court, balcony is a bit more noisy and not private at all but the room is still great.

The concierge can make amazing things happen and he can book specialty dining reservations for you, but if you’re the kind of person that likes to book ahead of time then that is still an option. Just be sure to tip him or her accordingly at the end of your cruise. Amount is what you feel worth it.

For example, our last concierge Dexter was absolutely amazing and allowed us to bring our non-suite travel companions to almost every suite guest function, even when we didn’t ask if they could come with. His quote, “Your guests are my guests.” We ended up giving him about $300 at the end of the week.

Wine & Beer were available in the suite lounge from 11 - 11 as of last May.

Bags are delivered as usual but I believe the suites may get their bags a little faster than non suites.

There is a great coffee machine in the suite lounge available 24 hours. It can make cappuccinos and lattes but it’s not specialty lattes, for that you would still need the drink package and cafe promenade.

There were plenty of kids in the CK on my last cruise.

Hi all! We splurged and booked a Crown Loft overlooking the ship (not ocean, don’t know if that matters) on Oasis. So that means we get a concierge. I’m just trying to plan things out for our Mar 4 sailing, and have a few questions.

Should we still book ahead specialty dining, or is there a certain amount of seatings that only concierge can book once on board? Same with excursions?

Do we get to take our bags directly to the room upon boarding or do we wait for them to be delivered?

I’ve heard conflicting reports of wine and beer available from 11am to 11 pm in the Suite Lounge. Can anyone confirm? Rep on phone said no.

Ive read there is better coffee in the CK, but is it specialty lattes, or would I still have to go to Park Cafe for those (and need a coffee drink package?)

Finally, children are allowed to dine in CK, correct? I know it sounds like a silly question, just making sure. Our daughters are 6 and 8.

That’s all I can think of for now. I am pretty excited for this trip and to experience the suite life lol. :D Thank you for all your help! :)

It's easier IMO to use the cruise planner to book your speciality dinning ahead of time than go through the concierge. Once on board, I prefer to go round the individual restaurants, look at menus and book one at a time. For me it is part of the experience of exploring the ship.

Same with excursions. Much easier to use cruise planner to book ahead or go to the shore excursion desk. IME they will have more knowledge about the excursions and are better placed to answer any questions.

The luggage is collected at the terminal and delivered to your cabin. Different service in place for Star Class suites but Crown Loft is not Star Class.

Wine and beer is available from 11am to 11 pm in the suite lounge. Also bottled water.

There is a coffee machine in the suite lounge which makes typical speciality coffees. I find that is ok.

Children are allowed in the CK. It is a great place to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

There are usually 2 concierges available to assist suite guests. Usually you will find then in the suite lounge. IME they are very helpful in the following ways :

a). Trouble-shooting problems and handling queries.

b). Getting bookings which might be otherwise fully booked.

c). Handling special requests for celebrations etc.

d). Assist with disembarkation which can be helpful to avoid crowds.

Should we still book ahead specialty dining, or is there a certain amount of seatings that only concierge can book once on board? Same with excursions? if you are dead set on X restaurant at X time, book ahead( you will pre pay) but generally the concierge cannot do anything special or extra on board that you can't do yourself. same with excursions. what they can do is arrange for on board tours such as the galley, bridge and theater. these are free but are less inclusive than the ones you can pay for.

Do we get to take our bags directly to the room upon boarding or do we wait for them to be delivered? only the cabins with a Genie get immediate delivery or checked baggage or access to their cabin before 1 pm. I do not think your category is eligible.

I’ve heard conflicting reports of wine and beer available from 11am to 11 pm in the Suite Lounge. Can anyone confirm? Rep on phone said no. the suite lounge should have that plus simple mixed drinks during the cocktail hours of 430-8

Ive read there is better coffee in the CK, but is it specialty lattes, or would I still have to go to Park Cafe for those (and need a coffee drink package?) there's a machine. its not better just free. and its very basic.

Finally, children are allowed to dine in CK, correct? I know it sounds like a silly question, just making sure. Our daughters are 6 and 8. if they are in the suite, they have what suite privileges are applicable to minors.

just be advised that suites are addictive....

Let me add this. We were in a CL in Oct. so I agree with all posts. PLUS, as a Sky Class, you have reserved seating at ALL shows (not sure about Comedy Show, so might want a reservation for that one). You simply show up 15-30 minutes before the show you want to go to and you will be allowed into a special section reserved for you. So no need to make reservations for any show (again, not sure about the Comedy show so make a reservation for that one if interested).

I liked the coffee in the Suite Lounge. Would take my book there in the morning and have a pastry and coffee waiting for my wife to wake up.

You also get free internet for everyone in the suite. Set up "wifi calling" on your cell phone (a free service), and put your phone in "airplane" mode and turn on "wifi." The phone should say "(carrier)wifi" i.e. "VZWwifi" in the carrier section and you have full phone service under your standard plan. You can call or text your family for free.

Thank you all so much for your replies! They were helpful. We're very excited for this trip. We were on Oasis last year, so I already know we will love it, we will just love it for many more reasons now!

Crown Loft suites are very special, but I would encourage you to consider an ocean view CL if your budget could stretch a bit further. The CLs facing aft are next to the basketball court which stays incredibly busy throughout the day and the sound of incessantly dribbling balls was not very peaceful when sitting on the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kids are absolutely allowed in the CK if sailing in a suite since they are elite passengers just like the others who can enter as of right; steerage passengers on the other hand (of any age) can only get in if a suite passenger invites them.

Thank you all so much for your replies! They were helpful. We're very excited for this trip. We were on Oasis last year, so I already know we will love it, we will just love it for many more reasons now!

We are sailing with you March 4th, in Crown Loft #1726.

You can also get complimentary bottled water daily in the Suite Lounge.

Crown Loft suites are very special, but I would encourage you to consider an ocean view CL if your budget could stretch a bit further. The CLs facing aft are next to the basketball court which stays incredibly busy throughout the day and the sound of incessantly dribbling balls was not very peaceful when sitting on the balcony.

I don’t think that would bother us too much. We rather enjoy people watching and seeing what’s going on below us. We actually find looking out into the endless ocean boring, but maybe we’re just oddballs lol ;p

I don’t think that would bother us too much. We rather enjoy people watching and seeing what’s going on below us. We actually find looking out into the endless ocean boring, but maybe we’re just oddballs lol ;p

On an Oasis Class ship the opportunities for people watching are endless - so when I escape the crowds to that lovely Crown Loft balcony, I just want to see peaceful water going past :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums