Christmas Cruises

cruiser_family

We are scheduled to sail for Christmas this year. We board the Horizon on December 23rd. What can we expect on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Are there special activities and menus? We have 6 small children cruising with us (nope, not mine ;)) and I am trying to figure out how to keep the "magic" of Christmas alive.

I have only been on 1 Christmas cruise and swore I would never go on another but I am booked for Christmas 2018. I loved the cruise and all the festivities but there were a lot of unsupervised children running and knocking people down. But they were kids just having fun. I take my great grand kids cruising each year (not at Christmas) but I keep them on a tight leash. But back to Christmas cruising. You should love it. They have a balloon drop in the Atrium and also it snowed in the Atrium. Carnival really went all out. This was on the Magic but I'm sure it would be just as wonderful on any ship. The ship was beautifully decorated. Santa was there. Have a wonderful Christmas cruise.

You should love it. They have a balloon drop in the Atrium and also it snowed in the Atrium. Carnival really went all out. This was on the Magic but I'm sure it would be just as wonderful on any ship. The ship was beautifully decorated. Santa was there. Have a wonderful Christmas cruise.

Thanks for responding!!! This sounds like a blast.

I'll warn our senior family members to be careful as I wouldn't want them to run over small ones with walkers and wheelchairs.

Enjoy your 2018 Christmas cruise as well.

I wouldn't call kids running around and knocking people down fun at all, especially for the people they knock down. That's the big issue with holiday cruising and why we don't do it anymore and just cruise when school is in session. I'm sure you and the people with you who have the 6 kids will be more watchful and rein them in for their safety as well as that for other passengers.

That aside, you will find the ships decorated for the holidays and there used to be guests singing carols around the big bars in the atriums. Nice touch. There will be a special menu for Christmas Day. It's a great time for families to cruise and I've heard that Carnival has good kids programs.

I wouldn't call kids running around and knocking people down fun at all, especially for the people they knock down. That's the big issue with holiday cruising and why we don't do it anymore and just cruise when school is in session. I'm sure you and the people with you who have the 6 kids will be more watchful and rein them in for their safety as well as that for other passengers.

The fun part is the balloon drop and the snow in the atrium. The 6 kids in our party know that they would lose a limb if they are running around in a public place. ;)

There are a lot of themed activities for the kids during the holiday cruises. A holiday show along with sing alongs, snow falling in the atriums, decorations. If the kids participate in the camps, they will sing and rehearse songs and then perform them on stage. They will get a santa hat and treats too.

The Grinch showed up randomly throughout the cruise too.