Zeebrugge Coastal Tram

Bob++

We are in Zeebrugge in July and the ship departs at 3pm. As we have a small child with us and a wheelchair, I was thinking about taking the coastal tram to the beach at Blankenburg. Has anyone done this? How easy was it?

I can help a little, Bob, tho I've not taken it from Zeebrugge.

You get off at "Blankenberge Pier", then it's a one-block walk to the seafront & beach, that bit's very easy.

But you'll need transport (free port shuttle?) from ship to port gate. And you have to buy your tram tickets before boarding - I don't see any shops or other potential ticket outlets at the Strandwijk stop, there are at the Vaart stop but that's further from the gate.

And I think you can buy just point-to-point tickets, but you need to check prices cos although you're contemplating only a short journey I recall that an all-day ticket was good value.

Hopefully others can fill in those important bits

Ships provide a (payable) shuttle from ship to Blankenberge station, but it's then a ten minute walk to the beach.

If it's not beach weather, take the tram as far as Ostende which is compact, and has a pedestrianized centre and a number of attractions. Stations are Station Oostende or Marie Joseplein

The tram route between Zeebrugge & Blankenberge / Ostende isn't scenic - there are dunes between tram & sea all the way to Ostende.

JB :)