Translantic - Fall on the Breakaway

seashells08

Has anyone done a translantic in the Fall (Copenhagen to NY 10/02-16/18)? Sure it will be cool; are the hot tubs open? With lots of sea days; do they show movies in the theater? Do the menus in the dining rooms change up since there are 14 nights for dinner. Since it's a long cruise, do people tend to dress down for dinner. Sharing your experience will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Eileen!

Yes, the hot tubs will be open. The pool and slides will be too, at least some of the time. As you are going to NY it will be fairly cool all the way, so the pools won’t be very comfortable.

NCL has about 14 different MDR menus, so you are unlikely to get many, if any duplicates.

Movies are shown, often in the Atrium rather than the theatre.

I can’t really comment on whether people dress down. It’s not the sort of thing I notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the hot tubs will be open. The pool and slides will be too, at least some of the time. As you are going to NY it will be fairly cool all the way, so the pools won’t be very comfortable.

NCL has about 14 different MDR menus, so you are unlikely to get many, if any duplicates.

Movies are shown, often in the Atrium rather than the theatre.

I can’t really comment on whether people dress down. It’s not the sort of thing I notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Keith!

I'll be on this cruise. I did a fall transatlantic on the Epic in 2016 and loved it. This itinerary will be a little bit cooler. North North Atlantic rather than south North Atlantic. What I did was look at average temps for our ports of call for October. Mostly highs of high 60's to mid 70's F. If you are big pool goer than this might be an issue - I expect it will be a bit chilly, unless the temps happen to be unseasonably warm. Although I assume hot tubs will be fine. There will be lots of activities to keep you busy during the day. Movies are often shown in the atrium or outside in SpiceH2O.

I think dress will be about the same as any NCL cruise - dress up if you want, or not. I'll likely bring one nice dress for the dress up or not night. It will mostly be cruise casual, just like the Caribbean. The clientele will be run older, very very few kids. I'm early 40's and I was definitely on the younger end for our last transatlantic. Most working-age folks can't swing 2+ consecutive weeks off work. If you need me, I'll be the blonde on deck 8 with a drink in my hand...oh yeah, my husband will be there, too. :halo:

I'll be on this cruise. I did a fall transatlantic on the Epic in 2016 and loved it. This itinerary will be a little bit cooler. North North Atlantic rather than south North Atlantic. What I did was look at average temps for our ports of call for October. Mostly highs of high 60's to mid 70's F. If you are big pool goer than this might be an issue - I expect it will be a bit chilly, unless the temps happen to be unseasonably warm. Although I assume hot tubs will be fine. There will be lots of activities to keep you busy during the day. Movies are often shown in the atrium or outside in SpiceH2O.

I think dress will be about the same as any NCL cruise - dress up if you want, or not. I'll likely bring one nice dress for the dress up or not night. It will mostly be cruise casual, just like the Caribbean. The clientele will be run older, very very few kids. I'm early 40's and I was definitely on the younger end for our last transatlantic. Most working-age folks can't swing 2+ consecutive weeks off work. If you need me, I'll be the blonde on deck 8 with a drink in my hand...oh yeah, my husband will be there, too. :halo:

Thanks, sure we will see you around!