Cheers-Refundable?

wingnt68

I searched to see if this was out there. Here is my situation. My niece who is supposed to be traveling with me may not be able to go. I have already purchased the cheers package for our room. Will they refund half of it if she is unable to go? Somewhere I heard that it is not refundable. Any insight would be helpful.

Kim

You can "cancel" a Cheers purchase up to the day before departure, IIRC. So you can cancel your niece's portion (or perhaps you have to cancel both and re-purchase your own). But, you have to notify Carnival that she isn't traveling...because of the rule that both adults in a cabin must purchase the package.

Ah yes, found this:

• CHEERS! is non-refundable; if the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.

You can "cancel" a Cheers purchase up to the day before departure, IIRC. So you can cancel your niece's portion (or perhaps you have to cancel both and re-purchase your own). But, you have to notify Carnival that she isn't traveling...because of the rule that both adults in a cabin must purchase the package.

Ah yes, found this:

• CHEERS! is non-refundable; if the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.

Thank you so much for your help.

Be aware if it is just you and your niece in the cabin, and she doesn't cruise, you could be faced with single supplement issues if you notify Carnival: are you past final payment due date; is there another person booked in the cabin with you, etc.