Which berth does The Coral Princess usually dock at?

new2cruise

I would also like to know which dock our ship (Star) will be using in June, for example if they will be way down at the AJ dock or not. This link only shows which ships are in Juneau that day, not which docks they will be using. I assume one of them will be tendering (not ours) but it doesn't show that information either.

I would also like to know which dock our ship (Star) will be using in June, for example if they will be way down at the AJ dock or not. This link only shows which ships are in Juneau that day, not which docks they will be using. I assume one of them will be tendering (not ours) but it doesn't show that information either.

It may be too early to have the schedule complete. I'd check back later. I see Princess- most of the time at the South Franklin dock.

I don't recall when I looked at the schedule last year. It did have the dock assignments on it when the cruise season started. It seems like it should be soon as there aren't likely to be changes in the ship itineraries.

If I recall correctly, Juneau has docks for 4 ships so probably no one is tendering when the Star is in (I'm assuming you mean Star Princess, Star Legend will also be there; anyway the statement is true for both Stars). Sometimes there are 5 ships listed including Princess Star, but one ship leaves around 1:30 PM and another arrives at 2:00 PM so there are a maximum of 4 ships there at the same time.

There are some other days (mostly Sundays) where there are 5 or 6 ships there all at the same time. Usually one or two are smaller ships.

Does the Coral Princess usually dock at the same berth when in Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan? I’m trying to figure out walking distances to various places in each port.

Thanks!

Skagway had a bus into town . I think it was 5$ each way. Really worth it because sometimes it’s very rainy and windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the past few years - Ketchikan: either just north or south of the tunnel, Juneau: second to last dock (before the AJ dock), Skagway: on the RR dock where the cliffs are (sometimes first and sometimes second berth)

If you don't want to walk - In Ketchikan there's a free city bus that goes between the docks, downtown, and the Totem Heritage Center. In Juneau you're on your own. In Skagway, a guy in a golf cart will run you up to where you can catch the Skagway shuttle bus.

• 4 weeks later...

The cruise ship dock schedule (link above) now shows which docks are assigned. Ours (on Star Princess) is showing as Railroad Forward in Skagway, South Franklin Street in Juneau, and dock 4 in Ketchikan. I don't recall how far South Franklin Street dock is from the town in Juneau? And if a long walk, are shuttles available?

And for Ketchikan, I assume dock 4 will be a walk as well?

Ketchikan - Dock 4 is on the other side of the tunnel. There's a parking lot and the free town shuttle pulls in to pick up and drop off. It goes to the other cruise ship docks, downtown, the Lumberjack show, Creek Street, the Totem Heritage Center, then back by the cruise dock and North to the Safeway Mall and then back to the cruise ship dock again.

Juneau - it's about a 10-15 minute walk to the tram and downtown area. No shuttles

Skagway - the first ship on the railroad dock. There are free golf carts that will take you to the SMART bus stop to go into downtown and out to Jewell Gardens, the Gold Dredge and the trail to the cemetary/Nugget Falls.