Petition to persuade Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville to build in Cozumel

coconut telegraph

I had a crazy idea that I may not be the only one that enjoys travelling around the U.S. and Caribbean visiting the Margaritaville Cafe's and it came to me that there are three locations in Jamaica and NONE in Mexico. I think now would be the prime time to add Cozumel to their cafe's. Anyone else interested in signing an electronic petition to send to Mr. Buffett to let him know of the interest in adding Cozumel as a destination SW of disorder. Anyone?- Coconut

If I'm not msitaken Jimmy Buffet has a house in Puerto Morelos, which is on the coast between Playa del Carmen and Cancun. I remember someone telling me that he has a song about Puerto Morelos. I could be wrong. If Mr. Buffet hasn't opened a Margaritaville in Mexico I'm sure he has his reasons, like the gazillion hoops foreigners have to jump through to set up a business here. Though not the official licensed places, there are many, many unofficial margaritavilles in Mexico, in fact we invented them!

I had a crazy idea that I may not be the only one that enjoys travelling around the U.S. and Caribbean visiting the Margaritaville Cafe's and it came to me that there are three locations in Jamaica and NONE in Mexico. I think now would be the prime time to add Cozumel to their cafe's. Anyone else interested in signing an electronic petition to send to Mr. Buffett to let him know of the interest in adding Cozumel as a destination SW of disorder. Anyone?- Coconut

I don't see a need for it. Carlos and Charlies and Senior Frogs are a lot better than the Margaritavilles that I have seen. Last week I was in Ochos Rios, Jamaica which has a Margaritaville and Grand Cayman which has a new Senior Frogs. The Senior Frogs was great. The Margaritaville was not even close to the fun at Senior Frogs. I was also at Cozumel and was sad that Carlos and Charlies and Sr. Frogs had not yet reopened. That was made up for by the great time we had at Paradise Beach but I would have liked to end the day at Carlos and Charlies.

I'm with the two reply's above. I'm tired of going on vacation and seeing commercialized America. Its what I'm trying to get away from. I would rather spend my time and money where it would benefit the locals. But I do know that many people like to travel and collect pins/shirts etc from places like Margartitaville/Hard Rock/etc. Just not for me.

Jimmy does have one going into Cancun. I thought it was to open for Halloween (Day of the Dead Celebration), but evidently the opening has been pushed back until February.., after all they're "just trying to reason with the Hurricane season!"

BTW Buffett's b'day is this Sunday! A Christmas Birthday!:D

http://www.margaritaville.com.mx/

Archived