I guess the upgrade fairy woke up early this morning.

sammee

Awaiting in my email was a $38 upgrade offer to go from deck 4 unobstructed balcony, to deck 8, extended 8227. Looks to be under buffet, but who cares. I sleep with a sound spa anyway. Last year we had 8772 & 75, they seem to be sold, but I actually like being on a side view for the chesapeake ride, you see more.

Booked thru Carnival. This was actually one of those MYVegas deals from FB. I only had to pay port fees/taxes for this cruise. So I had to speak to somebody at Carnival because of the special unique code you had to give. At the time I paid an extra $20 for an unobstructed balcony on 4. Than this came in this morning. And I'm only 200k points shy of another freebie if they come back, lol.

Thanks for responding. It’s been my experience that you only get these emails when booked direct because if you use a TA Carnival can’t talk to you about your booking and certainly can’t do anything with prices without going through them first. Other people on my cruise got an offer and booked direct as well. That has been the case in the past for me and my family too.

Not saying you can’t get upgraded when using a TA because you can and I have. But I don’t think Carnival can send you the emails or call you directly.

Congrats on the awesome deal!!!

I got an offer in my email too to go from an inside to balcony starting at $366 depending on location. I passed. Did you book direct with Carnival or use a TA? I went through my PVP.

Sounds about like the offer I got on my Dream Cruise in August. Starting at $358 to move from a Lido inside to empress balcony...up to $428 on a Lido balcony.

Sounds about like the offer I got on my Dream Cruise in August. Starting at $358 to move from a Lido inside to empress balcony...up to $428 on a Lido balcony.

I’m on deck 1 and the prices range from $366 on Upper <bleh> to $438 on Panorama. That’s half my cruise fare right there. I’ll be staying down in the dungeon for that much!

I got an upsell email today as well.... for only $14-16 I can "upgrade" from my sad porthole cabin on the Riveria dungeon deck, to an AMAZING regular interior room on decks 8-10...... Silly little fairy, I think I'll keep my larger cabin with a sofa, and just ride the elevator :') ;)

I had an offer this morning also for our 4/2 cruise on the Valor. $76 to move from an oceanview on Deck 1 to a balcony on Deck 7. I took it but I have been totally eyeballing an aft balcony. Wanted to save some cash but needed a quick trip - 5 days - out of the snowbelt! :cool:

We received an email as well. Offered to go from a 4K between the lifeboats to a regular balcony on deck 5 for a mere $1070. We will be declining.

It is a journey cruise, 14 day Panama Canal on the Miracle,but it's still to rich for us! Besides, we like our 4K.

We got an upgrade offer to go from a mid-ship balcony cabin (deck 6) to a higher deck (8) for $28.

I checked the floorplans and the new cabin (same size, same features) which would be DIRECTLY under the dining room. Plus, we would trade our not-as-queezy midship location, for a cabin **almost** at the very back of the ship --- but of course, not one of those large aft-balcony cabins.

Do I look crazy??? Sorry, Carnival. Email back when you know what a true upgrade looks like. If it's a good offer, I might bite.

We got an upgrade offer to go from a mid-ship balcony cabin (deck 6) to a higher deck (8) for $28.

I checked the floorplans and the new cabin (same size, same features) which would be DIRECTLY under the dining room. Plus, we would trade our not-as-queezy midship location, for a cabin **almost** at the very back of the ship --- but of course, not one of those large aft-balcony cabins.

Do I look crazy??? Sorry, Carnival. Email back when you know what a true upgrade looks like. If it's a good offer, I might bite.

What ship? Cabins on Deck 6 are sketchy on Conquest Class ships as a lot of them are directly over the disco, piano bars, and other sleep depriving venues. It seems like people don't think about what's below them as much as what is above.