Considering booking on Norwegian

khewston

I have been on other cruise lines and I'm thinking it's about time for a change. I am thinking about booking the Norwegian Getaway but have never cruised with them before. I have some many questions that I feel like a newbie cruiser.

What is the difference between a mini-suite and the haven?

Is the haven worth the money?

What is the room service menu like?

Food quality in the MDR?

Specialty restaurants and prices?

Laundry facilites?

TIA

Kathy

Can't answer everything, but we sailed the Getaway last year and liked it a lot.

Minisuite is basically a balcony with a slightly larger 2 sink bathroom.

Can't speak to the haven

We thought the MDR was quite good, I have had better and a lot worse.

No laundry (self service) you can send a bag out

We ate at Le Bistro and loved it. Escargot and Creme Brulee, whats not to like.

A mini-suite is a large balcony room. It is not a suite. The suites on the Getaway are in the Haven, which is a private area that requires a keycard to enter. You have concierge services, a butler, private pool, restaurant and bar and other amenities. Whether it’s worth the money is a personal decision. If you had a family, getting one Haven room might make more fiscal sense than multiple rooms elsewhere. We sail in the Haven on upgrades, not sure I would pay the actual amount.

Specialty restaurants are great - Teppenyaki and Moderno are fixed-price, all the rest are a la carte. MDR was fine last time we were on the Getaway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on other cruise lines and I'm thinking it's about time for a change. I am thinking about booking the Norwegian Getaway but have never cruised with them before. I have some many questions that I feel like a newbie cruiser.

What is the difference between a mini-suite and the haven?

Is the haven worth the money?

What is the room service menu like?

Food quality in the MDR?

Specialty restaurants and prices?

Laundry facilites?

TIA

Kathy

I've been on the Breakaway four times, & the Gem twice.

Love the specialty restaurants. Don't eat anywhere els! Can't speak for room service --- never used it.

The mini suites are very nice, particularly with the extended balcony.

If the beverage package is offered, take it.

Staff is great, service is great. I'll be on the Breakaway again in eight days.

The suites on the Getaway are in the Haven, which is a private area that requires a keycard to enter.

There are over 30 suites on Getaway that aren't in the Haven. They get full Haven access/amenities just as the suites within the Haven complex. As a bonus, suites outside of the Haven complex are usually less expensive than the least expensive suite within the Haven even though the H6/H7 are larger than the (in the Haven) H5. The H9 also has Spa access even though it is the least expensive suite on Getaway. All other suites require a separate Spa access purchase.

Room service on NCL has a $8 charge other than a very limited continental breakfast menu. If you are in a suite your Butler will deliver meals to the stateroom from any food venue on the ship. You would only have to pay if you ordered from one of the upcharge restaurants.