For those who have rode with Randi

tinydancer21

Did you wear sandles or tennis shoes? Which do you think is better?

I'm thinking of wearing capris so I don't get horse burn on my legs, do you think that is a good plan?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

9/04 Pride Second Anniversary, First Honeymoon!

I wore sandles, not flip-flops. My DH wore tennis shoes. Either would be fine, but remember, Victor's is on the beach and you will get alot of sand in regular shoes.

Have a fun time riding!

See my past cruise pics here:

mohavemommy's Cruise Pics

__ /7__/7__/7____

\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THE WORLD'S BEST ISLANDS ARE ONES THAT FLOAT AND MOVE. THEY'RE CALLED CRUISE SHIPS."

next cruise ???? hhhmmmmm.....

Tiny I've rode with Randi twice, both times

I wore capris (to protect legs) and sandals with a buckle (so wouldn't fall off)

I like the sandals better for the beach.

But people do wear shorts (blankets on horses) and tennis shoes.

So whatever you wear is fine.

I wore jeans and tennis shoes but took a back pack with a change of clothes which Randi had delivered to Victor's. I changed into shorts and flip flops, had a beer and enjoyed the company of my riding companions.

I think my wife work capri pants and I wore shorts. As someone said, they had blankets on and we didn't smell like horses afterward. They do keep the horses clean which I guess is an issue for other companies, according to talk we heard on the way over to Stone Island.

Soccermom#3 - You're defenitely NOT getting TOO excited. Randi is awesome and wait til you get to Victor's on the beach!! GET THE GARLIC SHRIMP!! YUMMM! hehe

Am cruising again early next year and defenitely going with Randi.

icon_razz.gif

lpd..Since your cruising same time as us

and I'm going with Randi again too.. so guess we will meet on January 20th 2005!

Randi is the absolute best! My daughter and I rode with her last November while we were on the Pride. We had the best shore excursion ever!

Being riders we wore jeans, and tennis shoes but it did get warm at lunch on the beach. One caution is if you do not ride frequently you might want to wear leg covering as the saddle and stirrup leathers can chafe unaccustomed legs.

My gallop through the coconut grove on Diamond was the highlight of my trip...and I went to Davids even! Randi is warm, friendly and knowledgeable and the family who cares for the horses and takes you riding with her,gracious and friendly.

And Randi if you are reading Shannon sends her fondest regards and ask that you hug White for her.

Nancy Brewer

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2325FF&cdt=2004;07;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  till we cruise...

Hopefully Randi can read the boards, but I can only imagine how she must feel by only being able to read and not post.

She sure is the best!

Eileen

1967 Grace Lines Santa Rosa (don't laugh..I was a young teen!)

1968 GraceLines Santa Rosa

1970 The Victoria So. Car

1986 Seaward So. Car.

1987 Tropicale Mexico

1988 Tropicale So. Car.

1995 Sovereign of the Seas

2000 Elation Mexico

2002 Millie Panama Canal

2002 Vision OT Seas Mexico

2003 - Grand Princess 8/3/03

2004 - NCL Sky - 2/8/04

2004 - Carnival Spirit 10/4/04

10/04/04 SPIRIT Honalulu to Ensenada

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;4;17;59;00&timezone=GMT-1000

• 2 weeks later...

We also love Randi!! I wore sweats with a swimsuit and shorts underneath and was glad I did, needed the bug repellant....we're going to go with Randi again in Oct and can't wait---best ever!!!!!!

As far as why Randi can't post: I read something awhile back that said the boards were taking a hard look at people that were soliciting business or something like that and they banned them from posting. I think she was very helpful in giving people Mazatlan info even if they weren't interested in riding horses.

I booked with Randi based on all the great things I've read here. We're so excited!!!

I've got a couple more Randi tour questions. About how long are you at Victors? Is that eating and beach time? Is there someplace to sit in the shade there? Do they have bottled water? I'm guessing that I'll be pretty hot and worn out by then.

Hello D4 - you won't regret booking with Randi. You are at Victor's for quite a while - I would say a couple of hours - although I wasn't checking my watch. Plenty of time to relax and enjoy the beach and the company. The water was so wonderful. Although we spent most of our time talking with Randi. Yes, there is bottled water, soda's and beer. The Pacifico's taste so good after that ride! The first round of drinks, whatever your pleasure, is on Randi. And the menu items are inexpensive. I had the Garlic Shrimp, DH had the ribs and we had a few extra beers and our tab was only $23. The onion rings are to die for! And Chris is an excellent host. The entire table area is covered for shade. Vendors will come by, but they are not pushy.

Thanks for the quick reply Suziehmkr. My girls (16 & 19) and I are really looking forward to Randi's. And you've convinced us to get the garlic shrimp and onion rings! DH isn't interested so he'll be on his own that day but he doesn't mind.

You are very welcome!! DH actually said it was his favorite excursion of the week!

And you won't go wrong with the shrimp & o-rings. You get a few onion rings with the dishes, but after tasting them, you will want more!

Enjoy your voyage!

Tina

Randi's was also the highlight of our cruise! She took us on as strays when our excursion didn't show up and treated us well. My hubby recently had surgery and was iffy about riding so Randi hitched up the wagon and brought him along. He did eventually ride when he was how much fun we were having. To answer some other questions- we encountered no bugs, but I suppose that could vary by season; we wore shorts, tank tops, and flip flops with our swim suits underneath. Bring a hat and sunscreen. I packed a beach bag with towels, etc. and Randi had them deliverd to the restaurant at the end of our ride. I even had our digital camera and camcorder packed in there with no securityworries.

Victor's is great- I had enchiladas and a few beers, hubby had the fabulous garlic shrimp and a few more beers- less than $25.00US with tip.

Ask Chris if you can use the boogie boards to catch some waves. The water and beach are awesome. We have two teen daughters who were not with us and they are now insisting that we go to Mazatlan with them so they can ride with Randi! Also,on Randi's recommendation, I bought almost all of my souveniers at the port in Mazatlan, I think I got the best deals and assortment there than anywhere else.

Have a great time!

We rode with Randi back in March and it was one of the best trips I've ever had. I second everything that's been said by the others. The only thing wrong was that the water was a bit cold back in March...so we just had to enjoy a few more drinks at Victor's instead of spending time in the water.

We're riding with Randi next week and I can hardly wait. She and I have been emailing each other since my daughter is a bit apprehensive about the whole thing and Randi has been so helpful. I just can't wait to meet Randi and I'm also looking forward to the garlic shrimp.

Elise

Randi's ride was the best excursion we've taken on any cruise hands down. My Hubby & a friend didn't want to ride so while us riders rode, they went straight to Victor's and lounged around enjoying the sun & shade and cheap Pacifico's till we finished. For $15 non-riders can come along to Stone Island and hang out at Victor's. My Hubby and pal had a great time.

Too bad they've "banned" Randi from Posting she is the best, very helpful and never pushy about soliciting. It's a shame that some bad apples ruined if for the true Peaches out there like Randi!

Bring back Randi!

Archived