Panama Canal and 18-21 year olds

suers515

We love cruising and we are starting to look at a December Panama Canal cruise. Thinking of taking our kids (18 and 21). We have taken them to Mexico (8 day cruise) and there were kids their age.

Thoughts or experience with 15 day cruise in December and age of population.

Will they be alone for their age groups?

I usually don't comment if we have not been on the exact cruise, however I will on this one. We have done the 10-day twice, and very few young people on either one. I would expect the 15-day to be the same, as few folks have the ability to take off so long from work. Both times, the majority of the crowd was over 50 like us.

Since you have experienced warm weather cruises & sail aways, down in our signature is a review we did on the Coral, and some videos of sail away at the end. This might give you an idea of the atmosphere of the cruise, while others can have different experiences. Both cruises were pretty much the same we were own.

If it's December during winter break and it is the 10 day cruise i think that you should find families onboard with teens and young adults.

If it's earlier in December while all the kids are still in school, then there is likely to be few teens and lots of passengers 55+.

Have you considered one of the Caribbean cruises? Those tend to attract more families with young adults and teens. We have cruised many times with our college age kids the first and second week of Jan while the college were still on break and found there to be many in that age group.

Having taken several Panama cruises, I agree with the comments that the majority of the passengers will be 55 plus.

I often take "family" cruises with my dad, aunt, and stepmom. We enjoy spending time together as a family, the age of the other passengers has no bearing on our cruise.