Cruise credit of 25% of your cruise fare paid ...

AlexandNessa

For those who have received such an offer (whatever your %), can you tell me a little about how it worked out for you?

Can it be applied to an existing reservation? Is the existing reservation ineligible if you use a future cruise cert?

We used one TA for the cruise we are receiving the credit for, but are using a different TA for the cruise we'd like to apply the credit to.

I'm fully aware it's 25% off the fare we paid toward "that cruise which shall not be named."

Here's the gist:

"As a genuine indication of our concern and as a gesture of goodwill for your understanding, we have arranged for a future cruise credit of 25% of your cruise fare paid. This credit may be used on a future sailing, so that you can return to have the cruise vacation experience that you originally intended. Please contact your travel professional or our Reservation Department at 1-800-327-7030, and refer to your original reservation number at the time of booking.

Please note that this cruise credit is non-transferable, has no cash value and is valid for sailings within 12 months from the date of this letter. It cannot be applied to government taxes and fees, airfare, insurance, hotel packages or other add-ons. It is not combinable with other cruise credits or fare reduction coupons."

Please, we didn't ask for any compensation, so we're thrilled. If you're not happy, please don't derail my question. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

the 25% amount will be placed on your NCL account. You can use it for any future cruise. If you have a cruise that is before final payment, you can contact NCL to see if you can apply that value to that cruise. Since it is on your NCL account, any TA can book a cruise for you and work with NCL to get the credit applied to that future cruise.

I'm fully aware it's 25% off the fare we paid toward "that cruise which shall not be named."

Here's the gist:

"As a genuine indication of our concern and as a gesture of goodwill for your understanding, we have arranged for a future cruise credit of 25% of your cruise fare paid. ."

Please, we didn't ask for any compensation, so we're thrilled. If you're not happy, please don't derail my question. Thanks!

You've had a great attitude about "that one." Nice to see that you're pleased with their offer :D.

Just applied it to a cruise I booked last Saturday. (the day after debarking the BA). for next Christmas/NYE on the Gem. Called NCL tonight and gave them the reservation # for BA cruise and reservation # for upcoming cruise. They lowered based fare for DW and myself by $579,00 per person. We are very happy.

Just applied it to a cruise I booked last Saturday. (the day after debarking the BA). for next Christmas/NYE on the Gem. Called NCL tonight and gave them the reservation # for BA cruise and reservation # for upcoming cruise. They lowered based fare for DW and myself by $579,00 per person. We are very happy.
Great, thank you. We already have an October cruise booked so would love to lower the final payment for that. :)

Would LOVE to do the Gem cruise you're on, but no way can get both Christmas and NYE off from work. Someday ....

Great, thank you. We already have an October cruise booked so would love to lower the final payment for that. :)

Would LOVE to do the Gem cruise you're on, but no way can get both Christmas and NYE off from work. Someday ....

Definitely call NCL. They were very helpful. The whole thing took about 10 ,minutes. Just make sure you have the reservation # for Breakaway Cruise and October cruise when you call. They e-mailed me an updated confirmation while we were on the phone.

Enjoy your cruise..