Tampa Lodging

I object 2

Hello fellow cruisers. We'll be cruising out of Tampa (we've never been to Tampa) and would appreciate lodging recommendations. We normally stay at Embassy Suites, Marriotts or Hilton properties. We'll arrive a few days prior to the cruise and don't plan to rent a vehicle, so lodging near restaurants and bars would be great!

Not sure there's anywhere in Tampa I'd like to spend 2-3+ days without a rental car.

Rocky Point is a nice area - Hampton Inn, Chase Suites, etc. - with dining and a view of the Bay.

Embassy Suites and Marriott in the Chanelside area near the port (2-3 blocks)

Hampton Inn in Ybor City is close to lots of dining and nightlife.

Or drive over to Clearwater, St. Pete, and the gulf beaches.

Lots of options - your call. :D

I just booked the brand new AC Hotel Tampa Airport. They offer shuttle service so check it out, it is a Marriott property. We cruise the last week of March.

We'll only be there one night pre-cruise and I always select a hotel with an airport shuttle. However, this one has a shuttle for the area as well.

We love the Marriott Waterside in downtown. Beautiful hotel with lots of walkable areas and right on the trolley line for a quick trip over to Ybor City.

Speaking of Ybor City, do you know if there's a trolley stop not too far from the Columbia restaurant?

Speaking of Ybor City, do you know if there's a trolley stop not too far from the Columbia restaurant?

Bob....we rode the trolley for the first time in November. We caught it right outside the door of the Marriott. I do remember they dropped us off supposedly in the center of Ybor. We went into the brewery and had lunch which was right at the trolley stop.

Sorry I can’t be of better help...