Water taxi/tour to Maho beach?

Staying Focused

I'm was told about a boat that picks you up near the port and goes to somewhere very near Maho beach. They dock and stay for few hours so you can watch planes or swim to the beach. Supposedly they provide a hot dog type lunch. Does anyone know about this and what it may be called?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

There were a few small boat tours which started near the cruise terminal and anchored (their is no pier there to dock) for a couple of hours and serveda snack. I don't know if they are back in business - so many (probably a vast majority) of the boats on the island were wrecked or washed ashore.

I think that I saw the boat that you are referring to when I was on the island earlier this month. I t was out in front of Sunset Bar and Grill. Seemed to have a platform that looked like a dock. That is all that I know. I will say that you need to be on the beach to get the "airplane" experience.

I agree with Karysa. Up close and personal at Maho Beach for the airplanes is what the hype is all about. You can be just as close to the planes at most airports as you are to the planes at Maho if you are out in the water.