Beware of cabin room sizes

redhead60516

We were on back to back cruises for three weeks. The third week was scheduled to be a 169 square foot inside cabin but we were upgraded to a 132 square foot closet. We ended up canceling this cruise while on board the ship. We had been cruising for two weeks therefore had clothes to accommodate us for that period of time. Cabin 8160 had a half a closet and one bay of drawers. The moving around space in the cabin was so tiny I feared two people living in that space could prove explosive. Viewing the cabin details online leads you to believe there are no small two person cabins. From my perspective, the MSC room description was very deceiving. We tried to work out this problem with ship personnel for two week and nothing was done to correct the situation. The two prior week of cruising on MSC Divina were not without incident as was documented on previous review. Bottom line I would not recommend sailing on MSC cruises.

We were on back to back cruises for three weeks. The third week was scheduled to be a 169 square foot inside cabin but we were upgraded to a 132 square foot closet. We ended up canceling this cruise while on board the ship. We had been cruising for two weeks therefore had clothes to accommodate us for that period of time. Cabin 8160 had a half a closet and one bay of drawers. The moving around space in the cabin was so tiny I feared two people living in that space could prove explosive. Viewing the cabin details online leads you to believe there are no small two person cabins. From my perspective, the MSC room description was very deceiving. We tried to work out this problem with ship personnel for two week and nothing was done to correct the situation. The two prior week of cruising on MSC Divina were not without incident as was documented on previous review. Bottom line I would not recommend sailing on MSC cruises.

SURE,I will cancel all my up coming cruises right now. who send you here? NCL or Royal? :'):')

Reviews like this help nobody!

I'm on the Seaside now and do feel that the balcony cabins are smaller than on the Divina but we still have enough space for the two of us. We are on a B2B and can get all of our clothes in the closet. There is less storage but there is enough for us. Bob

Reviews like this help nobody!

You are very wrong. I wish I had known at the time I booked my room would not have the bathtub and larger balcony promised. I could have upgraded to a room which did for only a fairly nominal fee. By the time I found out it was a huge fee to upgrade and I just couldn't justify it. BTW our so-called "suite" is still listed on the website as having the same square footage it showed when we booked although they have at least changed it to only having a shower. These are the reviews I rely on cruise critic for. I really could have used a heads up MSC doesn't list their cabin information very well before booking.

What garbage !!

I "Completely" disagree.

How do you disagree? I'm going on Divina in 20 days, my first time with MSC in case you think I'm an apologist. How does this help me? I'm not even sure his 3rd week was on the Divina. How does one "cancel" while on the cruise? Where is this review he/she claims to have written when this is their only post EVER? There is so much missing from this "story" it is ridiculous and where are they to clear any of this up? I smell a rat.

How do you disagree? I'm going on Divina in 20 days, my first time with MSC in case you think I'm an apologist. How does this help me? I'm not even sure his 3rd week was on the Divina. How does one "cancel" while on the cruise? Where is this review he/she claims to have written when this is their only post EVER? There is so much missing from this "story" it is ridiculous and where are they to clear any of this up? I smell a rat.

The Divina is a beautiful ship, and my cabin was exactly according to its description last summer. Also, there are lots of photos of specific cabins online. Google your cabin number and maybe you find yours. I was in 12018, and it was awesome! Huge balcony. I think they call it a suite now but it was just considered a Fantastica balcony cabin then. Lots of storage, big bathroom. It was great. Friends had an inside cabin, which was also according to description. They had no complaints.

The Seaside is different from the Divina. In addition, it's a new ship and cabin info is only slowly coming out. In a year or so, it won't be such a mess any more.

Don't be afraid of the Divina! You'll have a wonderful time!

PS I smell a rat, too !

The Divina is a beautiful ship, and my cabin was exactly according to its description last summer. Also, there are lots of photos of specific cabins online. Google your cabin number and maybe you find yours. I was in 12018, and it was awesome! Huge balcony. I think they call it a suite now but it was just considered a Fantastica balcony cabin then. Lots of storage, big bathroom. It was great. Friends had an inside cabin, which was also according to description. They had no complaints.

The Seaside is different from the Divina. In addition, it's a new ship and cabin info is only slowly coming out. In a year or so, it won't be such a mess any more.

Don't be afraid of the Divina! You'll have a wonderful time!

PS I smell a rat, too !

Oh I'm not worried. We're going to be in the Yacht Club which should be fantastic. I just wanted to point out that this post isn't helpful at all to first time MSC cruisers due to extreme lack of information and response from the original poster.

Oh I'm not worried. We're going to be in the Yacht Club which should be fantastic. I just wanted to point out that this post isn't helpful at all to first time MSC cruisers due to extreme lack of information and response from the original poster.

I agree!

Enjoy your cruise!