NCL summer cruises limited in Florida?

detroitlions

I have not cruised in the summer months for a few reasons mainly I live in Florida and its hot I usually take a vacation or 2 north where we spend time with family and on the lake Michigan cottage.

I have many cruises under my belt and always go in the spring and in the fall so I don't ask many questions on here.

Friends of mine are having a special event on the Getaway in June and I noticed it was the only ship going out of Florida. I have been on it a couple times and I much prefer the Escape and a few other ships I know the Escape moved.

Is this normal? Do they just send the ships elsewhere during most of the summer?

Friends of mine are having a special event on the Getaway in June and I noticed it was the only ship going out of Florida. I have been on it a couple times and I much prefer the Escape and a few other ships I know the Escape moved.

Is this normal? Do they just send the ships elsewhere during most of the summer?

Yes. For example, the Epic is doing a transatlantic cruise to Barcelona in April and then sailing Mediterranean routes during the summer. There's less demand for cruising the Caribbean in the summer, but some other itineraries, such as the Baltic sea and Alaska, only run in summer.