Is A 10-AM Flight realistic after cruise out of Fort Lauderdale?

Dave4120

After our cruise ends out of Fort Lauderdale, is it possible to catch a 10-AM flight in time, or, should we do 12:15-PM. The 10-AM Flight is almost $400 cheaper for the two of us.

I would only attempt that flight if you are returning on either Allure or Harmony.

I would only attempt that flight if you are returning on either Allure or Harmony.

Just curious, why those two ships? I'm going to be on the Allure in a few months and my flight is 11:45am, so seems like I'll be safe either way, but still curious..

Just curious, why those two ships? I'm going to be on the Allure in a few months and my flight is 11:45am, so seems like I'll be safe either way, but still curious..

Those ships have it down to a science. They arrive very early in the morning and they start their self debarkation at about 6:30 am.

They sure know how to move a large amount of passengers very quickly!!

Those ships usually get in before 6am and use Terminal 18, which is very efficient.

Thanks for the input. Our cruise is December 8th out of FLL on The Adventure believe it or not. Not sure if it’s using one of the piers that the two ships mentioned by the previous poster have been using?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the input. Our cruise is December 8th out of FLL on The Adventure believe it or not. Not sure if it’s using one of the piers that the two ships mentioned by the previous poster have been using?

Since Dec 8 is a Saturday, Adventure cannot use Terminal 18 because there will be an Oasis class ship in port.

Since Dec 8 is a Saturday, Adventure cannot use Terminal 18 because there will be an Oasis class ship in port.

I am actually booked on the December 8th cruise in question and was curious to know the ships that will be in port. Here is the Port Everglades RCI schedule:

• December 8th: Adventure, Majesty
  • December 9th: Harmony
  • December 10th: Indy, Serenade
  • December 11th: nothing scheduled
  • December 12th: nothing scheduled
  • December 13th: Majesty
  • December 15th: Indy
  • December 16th: Adventure, Harmony

Dave, we are on the same cruise, I am planning to book an afternoon return flight as to give myself enough time :) Trust me, Bob knows his stuff :D

After our cruise ends out of Fort Lauderdale, is it possible to catch a 10-AM flight in time, or, should we do 12:15-PM. The 10-AM Flight is almost $400 cheaper for the two of us.

We’ve taken 5 cruises out of Port Everglades on RCI, 4 on Oasis and Allure and 1 Freedom of the Seas. We’ve always walked off with self disembarkation early and haven’t had a problem until this last trip. The computer system broke down preventing anyone in line from getting their seapass card scanned. We had to stand there an extra half hour. Even with this delay, we were still able to get to the airport and get through lines but we were nervous about not making early flight.

Having said all that, I’d probably do it again! I would just be sure to be standing in early walk off line at least 30’ BEFORE they tell you can disembark so you can get through customs quickly.

Happy sailing!

We were on independence and in line at 7:30 to get off with our luggage. Doors had not been opened yet. Long line there as well as customs. We got to our car around 9:15. You might can make it, but it’s a risk. If there is a 12:15 option, my advice would be go with that.

Not if Harmony is also in port. The last 2 times I sailed out of Port Everglades was on Independence. The first time were at Terminal 18 and it was a breeze doing self assist. We had picked up our rental car and were on the beach eating breakfast at 8:30 the next time we were at Terminal 25 and it was a nightmare.

I am actually booked on the December 8th cruise in question and was curious to know the ships that will be in port. Here is the Port Everglades RCI schedule:

• December 8th: Adventure, Majesty
  • December 9th: Harmony
  • December 10th: Indy, Serenade
  • December 11th: nothing scheduled
  • December 12th: nothing scheduled
  • December 13th: Majesty
  • December 15th: Indy
  • December 16th: Adventure, Harmony

Dave, we are on the same cruise, I am planning to book an afternoon return flight as to give myself enough time :) Trust me, Bob knows his stuff :D

I had forgotten that Allure moves to Miami in Nov 2019, so Terminal 18 should be open. We won't know for sure which terminal Adventure will use, but she does carry more guests than Majesty, so I'd guess she would get 18.

I had forgotten that Allure moves to Miami in Nov 2019, so Terminal 18 should be open. We won't know for sure which terminal Adventure will use, but she does carry more guests than Majesty, so I'd guess she would get 18.

Did I hear correctly that Terminal 29 is currently undergoing renovations? When do they anticipate this to be completed by?

Did I hear correctly that Terminal 29 is currently undergoing renovations? When do they anticipate this to be completed by?

I thought it was Terminals 24/25 undergoing the renovation. Don't know the planned completion date.

I may be wrong I think the OP is asking about leaving on 12/8 and returning on 12/16, when Harmony is in port.

I may be wrong I think the OP is asking about leaving on 12/8 and returning on 12/16, when Harmony is in port.

You are not, don't worry :) OP and I are booked on the same cruise, so Bob's explanation totally made sense to me.

That may affect the decision on what terminal is used. I would think they try to keep the same terminal for embarkation/disembarkation at least to keep the parking shuttle situation less confusing. Might still be a good idea to park offsite for this cruise.

That may affect the decision on what terminal is used. I would think they try to keep the same terminal for embarkation/disembarkation at least to keep the parking shuttle situation less confusing. Might still be a good idea to park offsite for this cruise.

Oh okay. I didn't realize they sometimes have smaller ships use 18 while there are Oasis Class ships in port. If that's the case I just thank God I'm not on that Harmony cruise. LOL

Thank-you to everyone for taking the time to answer my question. Our cruise leaves FLL on Saturday, December 8 on the Adventure, and we fly back home on Sunday, December, 16.

After reading all of your posts, I think I will play it safe and book the 12:15-PM flight back home versus taking a chance on the 10-AM flight.