Canadians and the Mobile Passport APP & declaration questions

Kesali

New to the APP as well as a first cruise. RT from Port Everglades.

My Dad is cruising with us. My understanding of the declaration forms are one per household. My Dad lives at a different address than the rest of us so he would need his own declaration form, correct?

What about the APP? I was thinking of using it. But will it let me input the 4 of us together with 2 different addresses? If not, then I will not bother with the APP and stick with the paper declaration forms and line.

Also, we are staying one night in FLL after the cruise. Do we write "in transit to Toronto" on the form and explain we are flying home the next day? Or put the name & address of the hotel down instead and explain flying home the next day?

Thanks for reading!

Being Canadian, and having nothing to declare that will remain in the US, you are not required to complete the US customs form upon leaving the ship. If you were to be staying in the US for any amount of time, and had goods that would also remain in the US, then you would need to fill one out. But if you're just "passing through" on your way home to Canada, no need to complete the form even if it is a day a later. :)

My Dad is cruising with us. My understanding of the declaration forms are one per household. My Dad lives at a different address than the rest of us so he would need his own declaration form, correct?

Correct, one form per household.

What about the APP? I was thinking of using it. But will it let me input the 4 of us together with 2 different addresses? If not, then I will not bother with the APP and stick with the paper declaration forms and line.

Not 100% sure, but I believe the app is similar to the paper forms - need to be in the same household to make a single declaration.

Also, we are staying one night in FLL after the cruise. Do we write "in transit to Toronto" on the form and explain we are flying home the next day? Or put the name & address of the hotel down instead and explain flying home the next day?

Put your hotel in FLL on the form if you will be remaining in the US for a night.

Will WestJet give us Canadian declaration forms before landing in Toronto then? Or do we grab them once off the plane but before going through Customs?

If you are flying WestJet into Toronto, you no longer need to complete a paper declaration form upon arrival to Canada. You will be able to answer the questions on a kiosk or mobile app instead: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/pik-bip-eng.html#where