Laundry on Magic?

Reenie75

Yes, you can pay per laundry bag (cabin steward can give them to you if they are not already in cabin) or each deck (full cabin decks) has a laundry room. There are maybe 3 or 4 washers and same dryers (large), you pay with your S&S card to buy soap, softener and start the machines.

If you use the do it yourself machines, go very early in morning (ie: 6:00 am) or you will be waiting to use them. Someone else told me they go very late at night, like midnight so you could try that as well.

Does the Magic have laundry facilities? I'm debating about bringing less... we will be staying in Florida a week after the cruise.

I will do the same thing....bring less and do laundry. I prefer it this way, as I don't like to bring home a bunch of dirty clothes. :)

Does the Magic have laundry facilities? I'm debating about bringing less... we will be staying in Florida a week after the cruise.

Locations - Launderettes

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375|

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Deck 1 – aft / across from 1423

Deck 6 – midship / across from 6360

Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

Locations - Launderettes

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375|

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Deck 1 – aft / across from 1423

Deck 6 – midship / across from 6360

Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

Awesome on the other side of the elevators for me :-)

We just got off the Magic last week. On Lido the laundry room had 2 washers and 4 dryers. It cost 3 dollars to wash, and another 3 dollars to dry using your S&S card, The dryers did a good job of drying, only had to pay once. As someone else said there was a machine to purchase detergent and softner.

Out of curiosity, how much is one bag of laundry cost on Carnival?

I saved one of the price lists. They charge for each piece. [emoji33]

f2a4a9c6d9a0282b1b43d64a8810053a.jpg8013283199c6bda2ddc03a228c110f87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you just want it washed and not ironed (underwear, t-shirts, etc) you can get a full bag done for $15. Roll the clothes up as tight as you can get them and put them in the paper bag provided in your cabin. Leave it on your bed and your cabin steward will take them to the laundry. They usually come back the same day. They use extremely hot water so be careful of what you send out. When it comes back, the clothes will be folded, most likely not like you fold them but they will be folded.

I saved one of the price lists. They charge for each piece. [emoji33]

f2a4a9c6d9a0282b1b43d64a8810053a.jpg8013283199c6bda2ddc03a228c110f87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe true if you are doing dry cleaning only. I've never been charged those prices for my laundry, although it was many years ago when I actually had to pay - There are usually 2 days on a 7 day cruise when the $15 laundry special is offered. Posts here have told how much stuff some people can cram and roll up to get into that bag. BTW, the bag on NCL is much bigger, maybe 50% more space.

I too like bringimg home clean clothes. Being Diamond, I now get unlimited laundry, but still only use it maybe twice a week long cruise.

I did laundry on our last cruise on the Magic since we were spending a week in Orlando after. I brought my own detergent (Tide pods) and some dryer sheets (put them in a baggie) so I didn't have to pay for those. I think I started it about 7:00ish on a At Sea day and no problem getting two washers and then two dryers when done.

I did laundry on our last cruise on the Magic since we were spending a week in Orlando after. I brought my own detergent (Tide pods) and some dryer sheets (put them in a baggie) so I didn't have to pay for those. I think I started it about 7:00ish on a At Sea day and no problem getting two washers and then two dryers when done.

Same here, but I did it on a late port day, St Thomas when we docked after noon. I had heard that laundry machines are shut off while in port, so I made sure to plan around that. Do plan on getting up early though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums