Private message on cruise critic?

Master98

I stand corrected on this one, it depends on the user's settings & how it is configured under her/his profile, including email and instant messaging options (ie. MSN, Skype, AIM, Yahoo & ICQ) ... newer social media including Instagram, Twitter & FB Messenger not provided for (it's been this for years)

PM or Private Messaging is - in theory - supported between users who are on each other's list as friends, to minimize spamming and/or unwanted ones - and you can UNfriend someone and block them.

The problem is some of the classic IM "apps" are no longer supported, discontinued or not used by most users ... and, I personally choose to not use my Skype account on CC.

ICQ has been around for 20 years and work/supported across multiple platforms, including Androids & Linux, plus PC's running Windows & Mac's - I am doubtful that, given the demographics of the average CC'er - that s/he is proactive using ICQ. Just as WeChat are popular among users in China, ICQ was/is based overseas (I'll leave that out for curious minds to "Baidu" it :halo: )

As workaround, some members choose to show their "public" IM and PM contact info directly on CC, which increased the exposure for getting spam mails - coming up with workaround to inform/share with others selectively, on how to be reached.

For example, setup a sub-email or messaging account to filter & screen for inbound SMS - somewhat technical to some here to get into.