Surprising Wife with Family Cruise for her Birthday

SheehanDJ

All the details are set, wife knows we are going on a cruise, but doesn't know the kids and grandkids are also coming.

I was planning on just giving a cabin key to the kids and springing the surprise on my wife that way, but would like to hear other ideas and how they were pulled off.

If it was me getting the surprise, i would love to be on board with just hubby, then the kids and grandkids surprise at sail away, that would be awesome...

good luck with the surprise and enjoy your cruise

wendy

x

That would be an excellent surprise.

Or just have the kids and grandkids show up at the dinner table.

We tried a different sort of surprise guest and it was supposed to happen at sailaway but ran into each other after lunch coming down some stairs. It's a little stressful to hide from each other so you might want to do it sooner than later after board. Maybe they arrive as early as possible and you two hours later and agree where they should not go on the ship until the big reveal?

Good luck.

On one cruise, it was myself, husband and 2 early 20 year olds daughters. I told them, we were all in one balcony cabin. Myself and husband kept joking with the girls how they were going to have to climb up to their bunks and they would have to be quiet when they came in late at night. I had booked them in an inside cabin opposite us. I did all the check in at the dock. When we arrived at our cabin, I told them they had their own cabin, they were so surprised.

My future son in law was planning a resort vacation for my daughter's 30th birthday. He asked my other daughter and myself to join them. We decided to meet them at the airport to surprise her. We arrived at the gate before them. My daughter had no idea and cried when she saw us.

Maybe if you are all travelling from the same airport, you can do the same.

If it was me getting the surprise, i would love to be on board with just hubby, then the kids and grandkids surprise at sail away, that would be awesome...

good luck with the surprise and enjoy your cruise

wendy

x

My friend’s daughter and son in law tried that but they ended up being at the same muster station so the surprise happened there by default!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're bringing my inlaws on their first cruise next year, and I'm trying to surprise them by bringing the youngest son and his gf too.

My goal is to have the surprise guests check in 30 minutes before us and wait for us right near the boarding line. When we approach the place to get embarkation pictures, they'll saunter up and join the picture.

It honestly doesn't matter when we do it; MIL will cry :)

Maybe have them board first and have them stand in the centrum/wherever you board so she sees them when you first walk on the ship? There’s usually enough space to carve out so they wouldn’t block the incoming flow of guests. That’s always such an exciting moment regardless.

I really want Bob's idea about dinner, but I'd be a wreck worrying about bumping into them.

You idea is awesome and possibly much easier to pull off.