"LIVE" from Anthem of the Seas - January 19, 2018

Radio

Radio,

As always, it is my honor to share a cruise with you and the rest of the group. To say that this was an interesting cruise is almost and understatement, just not on the good side. Yet another reason I was so happy to be able to share it with you and the rest.

Can't wait to do it again.

Wow MedicKenK. . .Thanks for the nice comments. Your check is in the mail !

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio,

one question, how are the beds? I have been on the LOS recently, and beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable, had to request a special mattress cover to make it bearable. Just wondering if I need to do that on Anthem, since we are sailing on her in October, Thanks

I loved my bed. . .It was very comfortable. But I was told by some of my group that the beds were terrible. Some even suggested that they asked for a special foam mattress to go over the regular mattress to make it better.

I guess it just depends on what makes you comfortable. I stayed in a regular Balcony Cabin (FWD)

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone . . . I realized that I never posted any photos of my cabin. This was a standard Balcony Cabin (CAT D8) FWD/STB. It was very nice and I never heard any noise from the hallway or the floor above. It was very close the elevator on DECK 8.

It had a standard Balcony with 2 chairs (with foot rest) and a small table. The bathroom was a standard bathroom with shower. There were 2 110V outlets, 2 220V outlets, and 2 USB ports near the vanity table. There was also a 110V outlet next to the bed. There was plenty of storage.

Radio

I loved my cabin on Anthem of the Seas

MC3.jpg

There was lots of drawer space and plenty of storage

MC5.jpg

The bed was very comfortable and I watched lots of news here. . .

MC6.jpg

Here is the view from the balcony

MC2.jpg

The Balcony was spacious with 2 chairs and a table for my “PressRoom” on sunny days.

MC4.jpg

I had the standard bathroom with shower.

MC1.jpg

Hello everyone . . . I realized that I never posted any photos of my cabin. This was a standard Balcony Cabin (CAT D8) FWD/STB. It was very nice and I never heard any noise from the hallway or the floor above. It was very close the elevator on DECK 8.

It had a standard Balcony with 2 chairs (with foot rest) and a small table. The bathroom was a standard bathroom with shower. There were 2 110V outlets, 2 220V outlets, and 2 USB ports near the vanity table. There was also a 110V outlet next to the bed. There was plenty of storage.

Radio

MC3.jpg

MC5.jpg

MC6.jpg

MC2.jpg

The Balcony was spacious with 2 chairs and a table for my “PressRoom” on sunny days.

MC4.jpg

MC1.jpg

We were in 8152 (Same layout as yours) & 8154, You must have been very close to the rooms we had last March.

dp

Hello Radio

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise. We will be boarding on March 17th. I have a question about space between the sofa and the dresser/desk. do you think there is enough room for a twin air mattress?

Hello luv2cruise. . .Yes there should be enough room, but many of the sofas pull out to form a bed. You should check with your TA to see if your cabin offers that configuration . . .

Radio

;);)

Hello luv2cruise. . .Yes there should be enough room, but many of the sofas pull out to form a bed. You should check with your TA to see if your cabin offers that configuration . . .

Radio

;);)

Thank you for the reply Radio, most appreciated. The reason I ask, is because we have 4 in the room, my husband and I and 2 teens (boy, girl) didn't realize no Pullman. We will make it work, thankfully were pretty low maintenance ;)

Radio

MC3.jpg

MC5.jpg

MC6.jpg

MC2.jpg

MC4.jpg

MC1.jpg

Radio - Please tell us you took these photos as soon as you arrived - otherwise, you are the neatest traveler I have ever seen- lol

great cabin!!

Radio,

Thanks for the great review. Are the bumper cards something that can be signed up for ahead of time online or do we wait till we get on board?

thanks

First come, first served...expect to wait at least an hour before your 3 minutes of fun starts!

28186821589_6c98a49179_b.jpg

Would like to ask if anyone who did not reserved either the ifly and/or northstar prior to boarding; were you able to enjoy either or both of these activities via guest services when boarded or simply just standing on line @ the activity line?

iFly must be reserved. I didn't see if there was an opportunity to be on stand by. Northstar was pretty booked, but we managed to get on standby once. When we tried to make a reservation, none was available.

Here are some photos that may have not been posted on my “LIVE”

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

Music Hall – Deck 3

MH5.jpg

Music Hall view from Deck 4

MH6.jpg

Groovy Town in Music Hall with great music

MH2.jpg

Groovy Town in Music Hall was very popular

MH1.jpg

Music Hall seating

MH4.jpg

Music Hall from Deck 4

MH6.jpg

Here are a few more . . .

Radio

Windjammer / STB side entrance

DM3.jpg

Windjammer Kosher Station- AFT

DM1.jpg

More Windjammer Kosher Station

DM2.jpg

Windjammer Outdoor Area

DM4.jpg

I loved Jamie’s Italian

DM5.jpg

There were many Jamie’s Cookbooks available for purchase

DM6.jpg

Here are just a few more . . . Scans will be posted later.

Radio

Royale Esplanade

CH2.jpg

Michael’s Pub

CH6.jpg

Digital Photo Area – Deck 5

CH.jpg

TWO70 Lounge

CH5.jpg

TWO70 Lounge Early Morning

CH1.jpg

Vistarama AFT TWO70 Lounge

CH3.jpg

Did anyone try to book a future Cruise on the anthem ship? I was told there's a policy change and their deposits are now non-refundable. And also if you make a change it's $100 per person penalty?
Standard NextCruise across the fleet as Royal pushes hard on NRD. You have 30 days after booking one penalty free, then certain changes are subject to fees.

Did anyone try to book a future Cruise on the anthem ship? I was told there's a policy change and their deposits are now non-refundable. And also if you make a change it's $100 per person penalty?

If you choose the $100 reduced deposit, then that is automatically non-refundable. However, they should have told people that for categories of JS and below, refundable deposits are an option. Refundable deposits would not be reduced.

• 2 weeks later...
If you choose the $100 reduced deposit, then that is automatically non-refundable. However, they should have told people that for categories of JS and below, refundable deposits are an option. Refundable deposits would not be reduced.
That's not what Pamela told me on Jan 28th cruise. She said the refundable deposit would be $450 for my single booking. And I think the OBC would be less, but don't quote me on that last part about the OBC.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's not what Pamela told me on Jan 28th cruise. She said the refundable deposit would be $450 for my single booking. And I think the OBC would be less, but don't quote me on that last part about the OBC.

Denise

I agree, and I think we said the same thing.