VIFP price difference

beans79

So I was playing around to see if there were any price drops in my cruise. I did a search and put in my VIFP number and got the price. Then just for the heck of it I opened up another window and put in my mother’s VIFP number and she got a lower price. (She isn’t sailing on my upcoming cruise) I wonder if they would honor her price over mine [emoji848]

There are often special rates under individual VIFP numbers. My husband will get one every once in a while, and I won't have that same "special." Then at another time, I may have a special, and he won't. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, but it's a special not available to the general public, so unless your mom is on the booking, you're not eligible for any of her "special rates." You can look these specials up under your VIFP profile at any time at carnival.com.

I experienced the same thing but with an already booked cruised. We booked a cruise with 3 cabins linked together under the reservation but we all paid separately. I called in to inquire about something totally different in regards to our reservation and asked if there were any discounts/reduced rates that we could get since we booked using the Early Saver. Come to find out my mom could get a reduced rate with a $50 OBC as a past cruiser but our cabin did not have the same offer, when we too were past cruisers. She said that there was the possibility of carrying the offer over from my mom's cabin to ours too so we could also get the discounted rate and OBC but this was only bc our cabin reservations were linked together. So strange how some past cruisers get that discount and others don't. I am sure it's random draw in the system.

My mother, sister and wife also get special VIFP deals that give them free upgrades and other perks. I usually get nothing. My sisters last deal gave us $50 OBC and two free category upgrades. She was able to book and give up to two other cabins the same deal. We booked 3 cabins under that deal.