Ultimate beverage package coffee question

mnlovesdisney

I was on the Pearl with the drink package and had several cappuccinos with double Baileys but the bartender barista always reminded me that there was a charge for the cappuccino...didn’t mind ! This was also true for the Jade and Epic last year. I imagine if there was regular coffee available there it could be requested and there would be no charge for coffee and Baileys...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
On Breakway at xmas adding a shot of Baileys made it a free drink. You actually had to order it at the bar next door to Lavazza, but they got the coffee from Lavazza.

Thanks! Very helpful to know. Will try that on Epic.

• 8 months later...
On 1/19/2018 at 7:27 AM, Jason26 said:

Unfortunately the UBP on Norwegian is among the worst in the cruise industry. I love sailing Norwegian, but the fact that premium coffee and bottled water is not included is disappointing. Even Carnival allows the pre-purchase of a case of water for $5. I wish they were more like Celebrity where the added value offer includes the drink package, tips included, for any beverage up to certain dollar amount. Alas, it is a business decision.

AGREED.  Why call it "Ultimate" when it really isn't?  Come on, NCL, throw in the specialty coffee and water 😉 LOL 

• 8 months later...

Hubby is a HUGE specialty coffee drinker, and I like 2-3 cappuccinos a day as well. We don't drink very much alcohol, though, and cannot imagine spending $200 per day on board ship. I am trying to decide between a Princess cruise and a cruise on Norwegian Breakaway, both headed to the Caribbean. As we will probably be spending per drink, can anyone tell me what the cost of a specialty coffee on board the Breakaway might be? Thanks.