Change to RCI "Cruise Planner" ???

karen_g

So, I like to buy RCI excursions (and internet, etc) online when the price looks good to me, but then I check the Cruise Planner from time to time to see if the price goes down. If it does go down, I cancel and re-book at the lower price.

HOWEVER, yesterday and today I noticed that the excursions I have already booked/paid for are no longer displayed on my Cruise Planner (Shore Excursions offerings) page at all. My cruise is still about 6 months away, so I'm fairly sure that they have not "sold out".

Now I can't look at current prices for excursions I have already bought (so I can't check for price drops). Is this change going to be a permanent feature of the Cruise Planner?

Maybe your excursion sold out because my booked excursions are still displayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suppose it's possible, but it is hiding all 4 excursions that I have purchased. That seems like a lot. Maybe it's something with my computer. I'll check again in a few days.

I had the same thing. Had booked an excursion for our cruise and they currently have a sale on. I wanted to see if the price I paid was better,same, worse but I couldn't see my excursion on the list of choices. I phoned RCI and was told that any excursion you have booked drops off the choices you can make.

turns out it was more expensive anyway.

We booked our excursions late yesterday afternoon. Last night I wanted to add them to the detailed itinerary I make for each trip, and nine were in the planner. I had to print out my confirmation and refer to it to plug in all the information.

I wonder if RCI does this so you can’t compare prices once you’ve booked. Or do I just have a suspicious mind?

We booked our excursions late yesterday afternoon. Last night I wanted to add them to the detailed itinerary I make for each trip, and nine were in the planner. I had to print out my confirmation and refer to it to plug in all the information.

I wonder if RCI does this so you can’t compare prices once you’ve booked. Or do I just have a suspicious mind?

I doubt it otherwise they would also hide drinks packages etc. I think its just a software thing to do with excursions. The software is telling itself don't show no 7 as they already have chosen that one.

I doubt it otherwise they would also hide drinks packages etc. I think its just a software thing to do with excursions. The software is telling itself don't show no 7 as they already have chosen that one.

It is hiding the drink package I bought. I had to login as our adjoining room to see if the package had decreased in price.

This is definitely a change from how the Cruise Planner worked for me for my cruise last year. Then, I was able to view current prices for excursions I had already purchased (and I caught some price drops so I cancelled/rebooked at the lower price).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After I booked an excursion it no longer shows on my cruise planner when I access the planner through my desktop (Chrome and IE). The excursion shows up on my planner when I access the planner through my iPad.

Aha! That’s it! Everything IS showing up when accessed thru my iPad too! Thanks for the tip!

Weird how that makes a difference. I used Safari on both my desktop and my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After I booked an excursion it no longer shows on my cruise planner when I access the planner through my desktop (Chrome and IE). The excursion shows up on my planner when I access the planner through my iPad.

My booked excursion showed on "sale" so I cancelled it and rebooked at lower price.

I suppose it's possible, but it is hiding all 4 excursions that I have purchased. That seems like a lot. Maybe it's something with my computer. I'll check again in a few days.

Did you get a e-mail confirm. When I book something on cruise planner whether entertainment, dining, excursions, I get a e-mail confirm the transaction & pricing

Did you get a e-mail confirm. When I book something on cruise planner whether entertainment, dining, excursions, I get a e-mail confirm the transaction & pricing

Oh yes, I have the confirmation and it does show up in my "calendar". What I meant was that those particular excursions no longer show up as being offered when I go to the Shore Excursion section that lists all available shore excursions and their prices. This is only important if you want to compare the price you paid to the current price.

We booked a shore excursion for our upcoming Liberty cruise yesterday at a good price, but haven't received an e-mail confirmation. This is the first time we haven't gotten one, and I'm a little nervous. It does show in our calendar, however, so they obviously know about it. I like to have a piece of paper in hand when I board, just in case. We booked a specialty restaurant ($24 for Giovanni's!) today, and got the confirmation e-mail right away.

Pat

when you log into the cruise planner at the top there's a link to your order history. If you go there and click on a past purchase it'll take you to a page that shows the current price. It's the fastest way to figure out if there's been a price drop.

when you log into the cruise planner at the top there's a link to your order history. If you go there and click on a past purchase it'll take you to a page that shows the current price. It's the fastest way to figure out if there's been a price drop.

Thank you SO MUCH for this info! I had looked at my Order History before, I just didn't realize that by clicking on the name of the item it would take you to the page with the current price. Excellent! BTW, I saved $4 this morning by re-booking a specialty restaurant at a slightly lower price. Hey, $4 is $4! :D:D:D

My excursion didn't show up either so I went to My Calendar, then clicked the excursion, then clicked "Details" and the sale price showed up.

Oh yes, I have the confirmation and it does show up in my "calendar". What I meant was that those particular excursions no longer show up as being offered when I go to the Shore Excursion section that lists all available shore excursions and their prices. This is only important if you want to compare the price you paid to the current price.

You will be able to check once on board. My understanding is that a certain % is kept for solely for on board booking.