Alcohol beverage package question

We're currently booked on the NCL Dawn 2 week cruise in Oct. out of Boston. However, my husband informed me yesterday that we may have to cancel due to his work. Anyway, I'm looking at possibly booking Serenade of the Seas to Bermuda for Sept. It's been a few years since we've sailed on RCI. Last time we sailed, my husband bought the alcohol package. I did not. On NCL, both parties must book it if one does. Has RCI's rules changed or can just one person purchase the package?

We're currently booked on the NCL Dawn 2 week cruise in Oct. out of Boston. However, my husband informed me yesterday that we may have to cancel due to his work. Anyway, I'm looking at possibly booking Serenade of the Seas to Bermuda for Sept. It's been a few years since we've sailed on RCI. Last time we sailed, my husband bought the alcohol package. I did not. On NCL, both parties must book it if one does. Has RCI's rules changed or can just one person purchase the package?

RC changed as of Jan 1, 2018. Both parties must now purchase a package. However, some have been able to call and get a less expensive non-alcoholic second package,

Thank you for your prompt response.

You're welcome.

I should also mention that from what I read on the NCL forum, it seems that RC's alcohol package is less expensive than NCL's. There seem to be promos quite often on a sailing, and you may find the package for around $44 per day (plus 18%) at times.