breakfast/lunch in dining room

Naismith

I have never cruised CCL, and am having a hard time understanding their "flexible dining policy."

On the other ships we experienced, breakfast and lunch were open seating, served anytime during a designated window of time, irregardless of one's dinner seating.

However, the information from Carnival suggests that early and late seatings apply to breakfast and lunch as well. Are you expected to be there at the opening time for the meal? Is it open seating or do you have to sit at the assigned table.

Thanks!

Breakfast and lunch in the dining room are open seating. The times that food is served on the ship (all venues included) are staggered a bit. Meaning that the dining room may be open from noon to 2, but the lido may be open from 11:30 to 3. I don't have the exact times, but yes... open seating :D

just off the Liberty and breakfast was served open seating every day. lunch was served open seating while at sea but the dining rooms were closed on port days and only Emile's on Lido deck was open for extended hours.

Welcome to CCL cruising!:) The formal dining room has breakfast and lunch at designated hours (see your Capers - ship's newsetter). Several years ago, they DID have assigned seating for all three meals each day; however, now it's open seating at b'fast and lunch. Even though it's open seating, the waiters will seat you at certain tables - you don't just walk in and sit wherever you choose. (Lido Deck dining is quite different - your choice of tables all the time.)

I happen to prefer all meals in the formal dining room. Others prefer Lido for it's casualness. The only stipulation for b'fast and lunch is NO swimsuits or coverups allowed, and of course, shoes must be worn.;) The food in the dining room is SO much fresher, straight out from the kitchen to you, not sitting in heating pans at the buffet, and a much larger choice of items - plus the personal service.

Enjoy Carnival!:)

Only time I hit the buffet is if I need a between-meal pick-me-up. Otherwise its dining room for me. I like that they seat you with different people. Get to meet more of your fellow cruisers that way.

Agree that I'd rather have freshly prepared meals then buffet food that's been sitting out. That said, for buffet food Carnival does pretty well.

Imake it a point of trying at least one breakfast and lunch onboard in the dining for our cruises. On the last day--majority of the people head to the buffet.. since the buffet is only opened til 9am that morning you can only imagine how crowded it can get--this is the day to try the dining room at least.

Archived