What to do in Grand Turk?

joseph123

We used White Sands and were happy. We did the Supreme Snorkel tour that went to a shallow reef, then to the wall, diving for conch and to Gibbs Cay for snorkeling with the stingrays. The guides took the conch and made fresh conch salad and we got to keep the shell as a souvenir.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! I'll look into it.

• 1 month later...

We found a tour guide from "Grand Turk Tours" on the beach, and we went on a 2-stop snorkeling tour. It was wonderful and paid only $40 per person. Included rum punch too. We had a great time! Look up Grand Turk Tours on Facebook...they also take pictures of you and post them to facebook page!

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know. I have been to many Caribbean islands but this one does not seem all that appealing to me. Should have researched this cruise stop further before booking. Thanks for posting all of these pics, they really give a good overview of what there is to see and do there.

It is really for diving, snorkeling, or sitting on the beach. Snorkeling is pretty nice which is what I tried through the ship. I am sure diving is also good because of the wall. Also did a short tour of the island it was OK but not exciting.

I look at Grand Turk as a relaxing beach day at Jack's Shack. I've also done a horseback ride, which was a lot of fun. Hubby has done a wall dive there in the past & plans to do another one this year.

Been to Grand Turk port of call about 7-8 times and each time we walk to the local beach and the younger adults hang out at Margheritaville.

It’s one of those stops that isn’t super appealing, and you’re not in the port for very long and we just treat it as a chance to get off the ship to stretch our legs for a bit (a few times we never even got off the ship)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For an authentic fried conch and fish experience check out https://www.facebook.com/Johns-Ocean-View-Bar-and-Ediths-Fish-Fry-1412814465633558/ Also $3.00 ice cold beer. We've been there every time we're in Grand Turk. Just take a taxi from the port to downtown Cockburn town and it's just a very short walk from where they let you off. Swimming is good, food is good the owners are great!