NOS Mattresses, Any Ships Better??

SoFla_KJ

Just got of Navigator of the Seas yesterday and had the worst mattress that I have ever had in my life. I like a firm mattress, but this felt like a rock. I have experienced hotels all over the world and other cruise lines and have never experienced anything like this. I actually really liked NOS especially since I was traveling with 18 other adults and 6 kids. We want to plan another cruise together and I'm the unofficial travel agent. Is there a consensus on ships that have better beds for RCCL? I was on a NOS FB page and others have also complained about the beds. As much as I loved the ship, 5 nights without sleeping was very difficult.

I just completed my survey and definitely mentioned the issue.

I was in 1553 with 2 other adults and they said the same thing about their mattresses (I was on a lower bed). I mostly just talked about it with the people in my room. I'm in a FB conversation now with people from my cruise. 9581 and 9580 complain about the same issues plus others that didn't mention their room numbers. Facebook group "Navigator of the Seas Cruisers - past, present and future"

We have not been on that ship; but I can tell you from our experience it can vary room to room on the same ship. We have been on the Adventure 3 times now; after previous cruises on other ships with Royal. We always slept great until we had the same experience you described. The first two times on Adventure the bed was like sleeping on concrete. I think the floor would have been more comfortable. After reading several reports about the mattresses we started taking our own foam topper. The stateroom attendants are more than happy to add it to the bed for you. I bought it at Kohls on a black Friday. We fly Southwest; so we have an extra suitcase that we transport it in, free of charge. The funny thing is we were on the Adventure again last month, and I don't think we would have needed it. We had it taken off before our last night; so we could put the suitcase in the hall. This mattress was not as bad as the previous times on this ship. It still felt better with the foam topper though; so we will continue to take it with us.

Our own experiences may explain why there are a wide variety of reports (complaints/non complaints) about the mattresses. I think it would be well worth the small expense to invest in a topper, and you can book whichever ship you choose.