New Freedom Exterior Pics!

Tyron

Awesome pics Tyron, thanks!

For anybody who is having trouble getting the photos here and accessing the site:

The following website page currently should work, and has links to the other photos and more on Pages 2-17 (scroll to bottom):

http://www.aadhoogesteger.nl/cruiseschepen/fosfoto10110501.html

Awesome pics Tyron, thanks!

For anybody who is having trouble getting the photos here and accessing the site:

The following website page currently should work, and has links to the other photos on Pages 2-17 (scroll to bottom):

http://www.aadhoogesteger.nl/cruiseschepen/fosfoto10110501.html

THANK U SO MUCH FOR POSTING THE LINK TO THE SITE!!!! :D :D :D

She's a beauty! Wow. Although from my very untrained eye, I sort of expected her to be farther along given there's only 166 days til her first sailing.

I would love to sail her in 2007.

These photos were taken almost 2 months ago. I believe that she has already started her sea trials.

She's a beauty! Wow. Although from my very untrained eye, I sort of expected her to be farther along given there's only 166 days til her first sailing.

I would love to sail her in 2007.

She better be further along than that. She is/was supposed to start sea trials this month.

Ahhh okay. Didn't realize those pictures were two months old. Well she's started her sea trials, eh?? That means the QMII is no longer the largest cruise ship at sea.

Take that Cunard!!

When I sailed the Navigator back in 2003 (seems so long ago now), we were informed that we were no longer the largest cruise ship at sea given that the QMII was doing her sea trials.

Hmmm...I have 1400 (highest deck, aft cabin, right corner) booked. It will be our first aft cabin and looking at the picture I'm thinking I'm going to be disappointed. The balcony looks much smaller than I anticipated. Bummer.

Don't be disappointed! 1400 and 1700 on Freedom are the equivalent of 1388 and 1688 on the Voyager-class ships and I have sailed in 1688 several times and can tell you first-hand that it is a great balcony! Here is a link to my photos from cabin 1688 on Explorer. I know Freedom will be at least as big, if not bigger! I've booked cabin 1700 on Freedom! It's going to be great!

http://community.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

Looks like theres a framework around the back like the Voyager class is they right?

Yes, it will be just like Voyager class with the framework around the back. Picture the Freedom if you will as a Voyager Class just a little longer and wider. The rest of the structure is the same. They just took the Voyager Class and added a few steriods to it.

I guess you either get the aft balcony thing or you don't-I for one don't get it at all. I know all you aft-fans out there, saying its bigger and quieter in the back, I know afts are bigger, but the structure blocking your view, plus people looking down on you from above, not for me-I'll stick with my balcony mid-ship. I want to see an actual photo of the FOS cabins showing the flat-screen tvs-so far they are using old photos with regular tvs-

Ya know every publication I have read uses "Flat-screen" tvs which is a big difference from flat panel tvs. I have a flat screen tv which is really not that much of a big deal. Has anyone else seen anything written that indicates flat panel?

Ya know every publication I have read uses "Flat-screen" tvs which is a big difference from flat panel tvs. I have a flat screen tv which is really not that much of a big deal. Has anyone else seen anything written that indicates flat panel?

My sentiments exactly!! Starting to sound a littel fishy, isn't it. That's why I want to see cold, hard photos. So far, the cabin photos I have seen have the regular old "puffy" tvs that stick out onto the counter-tops. Guess we may have to wait and see!!

I guess you either get the aft balcony thing or you don't-I for one don't get it at all. I know all you aft-fans out there, saying its bigger and quieter in the back, I know afts are bigger, but the structure blocking your view, plus people looking down on you from above, not for me-I'll stick with my balcony mid-ship. I want to see an actual photo of the FOS cabins showing the flat-screen tvs-so far they are using old photos with regular tvs-

Check out the artist's drawings of the Presidential Suite. There, at least, the TVs are clearly flat panel. I think they will be placed in all stateroom categories and that the language they are using is just the typically imprecise language used by marketing folks, some of whom have probably never cruised, or who don't differentiate between flat screen and flat panel.They probably use the terms "connecting rooms" and "adjoining rooms" interchangeably as well and don't know the difference between a non-stop flight and a direct flight. ;)

Check out the artist's drawings of the Presidential Suite. There, at least, the TVs are clearly flat panel. I think they will be placed in all stateroom categories and that the language they are using is just the typically imprecise language used by marketing folks, some of whom have probably never cruised, or who don't differentiate between flat screen and flat panel.They probably use the terms "connecting rooms" and "adjoining rooms" interchangeably as well and don't know the difference between a non-stop flight and a direct flight. ;)
However, several higher end staterooms currently have flat panel, even plasma screens in them. I also don't think artist's renderings are always accurate either.

However, several higher end staterooms currently have flat panel, even plasma screens in them. I also don't think artist's renderings are always accurate either.

I agree with you in principle. Our Owner's suite on the Jewel of the Seas had a 42" inch flat panel TV. In the case of the Presidential suite renderings, though, I suspect they were a little more careful to accurately portray what the suite will look like, and, until I see evidence to the contrary, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Archived