I'm Back & It was Grand!!

ryansmemom

Well, I've been back for about a week now and I've finally stopped long enough to get my pictures transferred into my computer so I can post a picture of me in my Kay Unger gown.

I changed my avitar picture to one with my DH and I on the formal night when I wore it so you could see both of us. No, just in case you were wondering, we were not onboard the Titanic. It's just a backdrop. Anyway, we had a blast. People got the whole Greek Goddess thing and really enjoyed the whole idea. People really liked it because it's not just the "run of the mill" ball gown. And I got lots of compliments on the color.

So, if anyone is concerned about wearing something other than black, don't be. It was a fabulous experience. I felt like a million bucks. I can't wait til March when I get to do it again.

One more thing. This cruise was very port intensive. Nine ports in fourteen days. Whew!!!:( Too many ports for me. I got so confused. I literally did not know where I was, and I wasn't the only one. We had eight ports in a row!! Yikes!! As a result, they only scheduled two formal nights!!:( Now, you who know me know how I love my formal nights. So, we made our own formal night. We dressed up in our formal best and had dinner in the Pinnacle (HAL's alternate upscale restaurant). Wow!! We had a wonderful time. It was casual night onboard, but for us it was formal night!:)

My picture is attached.

Linda

0.jpg.bcd45baaafca67ceb7d10edbd0e7d917.jpg

Linda,

You look just beautiful! Thanks for posting. I don't know about other's computers, but on my computer, the avitar is tiny. Anyway to put it in the body of the message the way you did with your solo photo?

Which ports did you visit?

Welcome home. Glad you had a great time!

Jane

Absolutely stunning Linda!

I was wondering when you would return.

That color and the style is beautiful...and I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!

We ate at the Pinnacle on a semi-formal night...but we went all out as well! What the heck, they treat you like royalty so may as well indulge :)

Thank you for sharing...and would love to hear more about your cruise and where you went.

~e

Hi and welcome home, so happy to hear you had a great time. My avitar like Jane is too small, but the big picture of you is great. You look absoultely fantastic.

I know what you mean about the port thing. We had 4 in one week for Alaska, and it was too much. That's a big reason why we won't cruise again, the port thing is too frantic.

So happy you had a great time!!

Such a gorgeous color on you, definitely suits you! So glad to hear you had a great trip. Don't think I could handle that many ports though.

So nice to see deep colors in formal wear. Mine will be a pale silver gown with beading. Next time hopefully I can find one as lovely as yours.

nickjuly:D

I have another picture I'd like to share. This is another portrait we had taken on the other formal night. I insisted that we not look at the photographer for the photo. I wanted to look at my darling husband. He looks a lot better to me!:D

More about the cruise later.:)

Linda

0.jpg.65a355d20e2faf30f058f92149ce3103.jpg

Hi, Linda,

That green gown is just GORGEOUS! You look fantastic!!!

I noticed in your profile that some of your hobbies are "crystal" and "reading." I, too, love crystal and was just wondering what you collect.

Lynn

I changed my avitar picture to one with my DH and I on the formal night when I wore it so you could see both of us. No, just in case you were wondering, we were not onboard the Titanic. It's just a backdrop. Anyway, we had a blast. People got the whole Greek Goddess thing and really enjoyed the whole idea. People really liked it because it's not just the "run of the mill" ball gown. And I got lots of compliments on the color.

Linda

You are funny Linda (LOL)- yep those titanic staircase backdrops are on every cruise. When they first offered that back drop hubby and I got our picture made under it years ago-now though we are so tired of that backdrop we avoid it-we have at least 3 or 4 formal night pictures with that backdrop.

The backdrops I like best is the ones with the ship in the background where you can read the name of the ship-I love those because I can look at those pictures and say - well this picture was from "such and such" cruise.

I now have a photo album which has nothing but cruise pictures in it-as after 3 or 4 cruises there were too many photos to display on the walls-I always display the latest cruise pictures and then when I go on a cruise again-they go into the photo album and the newest cruise pictures are displayed on the wall.

Sounds like you had a great time-I have only been on 3, 4, and 7 day cruises so far but we are planning a 14 day cruise for our 25th anniversary in 2 years. My next cruise though is 5 day on Celebrity Zenith in February.

By the way-your pictures were gorgeous-loved that green but I saw no titanic staircase.

You looked GREAT!! Love both dresses...nice to see color. (I say that even though I'm wearing black for my formal night. What can I say, it looked best on me!) Both were very flattering styles.

You and hubby looked so sweet together!

I really feel so good that so many of you took the time to express your kind thoughts about my two gowns and my DH and I. We really enjoy formal nights. They are huge highlights of our cruises. We really look forward to them and we try to find cruises and cruise lines that give us the greatest opportunity to dress up.

This cruise, we only had two formal nights in fourteen days.:( We actually made our own third night. However, one of the nights, HAL went all out and had a Black and White Officer's Ball. The dining room was beautifully decorated with damask table cloths, chair covers, black and white balloons, streamers and silhouettes of men and women in formal dress dancing and dining. It was all very elegant and tasteful.

Then they decorated the main show lounge, which has a large dance floor. The passengers then danced with the officers, male and females and were given lovely bottles of champagne when dancing with certain select officer.

My DH danced with my hairdresser. A lovely tall, 21 year old brunette from Paris. It was quite an evening. The party continued into the wee hours in the disco. Unfortunatly, I was unable to dance that night because of pain in my foot. However, come January 2007, I plan on dancing with as many officers as I can lay my hands on.

momofmeg:

I love your idea of an album just for formal portraits! I'm going to get a really fancy one for mine. I never thought of doing that. Mine are just tucked away.

Also, the green gown photo is not the staircase background. It's a Titanic bow shot

Thanks again all!:)

I really feel so good that so many of you took the time to express your kind thoughts about my two gowns and my DH and I. We really enjoy formal nights. They are huge highlights of our cruises. We really look forward to them and we try to find cruises and cruise lines that give us the greatest opportunity to dress up.

This cruise, we only had two formal nights in fourteen days.:( We actually made our own third night. However, one of the nights, HAL went all out and had a Black and White Officer's Ball. The dining room was beautifully decorated with damask table cloths, chair covers, black and white balloons, streamers and silhouettes of men and women in formal dress dancing and dining. It was all very elegant and tasteful.

Then they decorated the main show lounge, which has a large dance floor. The passengers then danced with the officers, male and females and were given lovely bottles of champagne when dancing with certain select officer.

My DH danced with my hairdresser. A lovely tall, 21 year old brunette from Paris. It was quite an evening. The party continued into the wee hours in the disco. Unfortunatly, I was unable to dance that night because of pain in my foot. However, come January 2007, I plan on dancing with as many officers as I can lay my hands on.

momofmeg:

I love your idea of an album just for formal portraits! I'm going to get a really fancy one for mine. I never thought of doing that. Mine are just tucked away.

Also, the green gown photo is not the staircase background. It's a Titanic bow shot

Thanks again all!:)

I just did not make the connection. That is one good thing about the RCCL voyager class ships-they are made to where you can walk out on the bow of the ship.

Hubby loved that-when we were in St. Thomas we were docked right behind the Carnival Truimph ship-we walked out to the bow and we saw a bunch of Carnival folks on their balconies and a few looking down over the top of the lido deck-hubby decided to be funny-he stood as close to the end of that bow that he could and yelled "I'm the king of the world"- those folks got a good kick out of that-they were all laughing at him.

Archived